Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up the Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off... the easiest process of purchasing a new car ever. The Y is great, didn’t know about the ufo sound while backing up, thought something was wrong. Pulled into garage and something was still running, couldn’t figure that out? The screen started flickering, did it a few continuous times but all good now. SC said it would take awhile for the Y to sync? about 30 miles? Don’t know if I am saying the correctly. Took it back out for 10 more miles and came back home. Now I am going to go put all my mats in and plug her in. I am sure I will have more questions but will try to search them first.

Had my pickup yesterday and it was amazing as well. So much so that I almost regret spending so much time in here obsessing over what could go wrong.

Literally one teeeeeeny ding on some inside edge piece that doesn’t even show and some slight finger prints on the back seat.

116xxx VIN with the new heated stearing only. My autopilot was ready by the time I got home and was all set with connectivity.

The only weird thing I will say was how our SA acted completely out-of-the-know and confused when I asked about if the heating issues were being addressed. Pretty sure these have been going down a bit in Colorado and serviced at that exact location. Felt pretty strongly that I was being lied to.

Also can’t find the USB flash drive that I’ve heard is included???

Anyways, it’s a blast and I love it and I hope this continues to be the norm for the rest of everyone.

Had my pickup yesterday and it was amazing as well. So much so that I almost regret spending so much time in here obsessing over what could go wrong.

Literally one teeeeeeny ding on some inside edge piece that doesn’t even show and some slight finger prints on the back seat.

116xxx VIN with the new heated stearing only. My autopilot was ready by the time I got home and was all set with connectivity.

The only weird thing I will say was how our SA acted completely out-of-the-know and confused when I asked about if the heating issues were being addressed. Pretty sure these have been going down a bit in Colorado and serviced at that exact location. Felt pretty strongly that I was being lied to.

Anyways, it’s a blast and I love it and I hope this continues to be the norm for the rest of everyone.
You don't have it in the glove box?

UFO sound is the PWS, or Pedestrian Warning Speaker. It is required for all 2021 cars by the US govt.

This. Tesla started putting them into their cars in Sept 2019, and my March 2020 build Model 3 had it.

There are "PWS kits" out there that are plugs to cap off the speaker & harness plug and disable it, but I'm not publicly recommending you to do that. Also if you did bypass the PWS, then you can't use the Boombox feature.

What 'heating issues' are you talking about? Please explain. I am not award of any such issues. I took delivery three weeks ago.

Well... calling SC tomorrow, the screen keeps glitching and shows the “T” only. I thought when you stepped on break pedal it would wake up car/screen but stayed black even while trying to put in reverse. Then after a few back and forths screen came on. Not sure what’s going on.

Well... calling SC tomorrow, the screen keeps glitching and shows the “T” only. I thought when you stepped on break pedal it would wake up car/screen but stayed black even while trying to put in reverse. Then after a few back and forths screen came on. Not sure what’s going on.

I know on my X if you pressed and held down both buttons on the steering wheel while pressing the break pedal it would perform a hard reset of everything.