Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up the Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Hoffbrew, I personally ran into a similar issue with a series of back-to-back restarts (maybe 2 or 3) almost immediately after delivery. I suspect it may have coincided with the car being "activated" by Tesla as it happened immediately after the "Premium Subscriptions Active" popup appeared.

While that was concerning at the time, it seems that the MCU automatically recovered from whatever happened as I haven't had anything like that happen again in the 2 months since.

If you find you are still getting random restarts, even after the reboot, try the Power Down procedure in the Owners Manual. You will need to wait at least 2 minutes in the car without doing anything to activate it during that time to allow all subsystems time to shut down.

Reactions: Hoffbrew
Y is going into SC Wednesday. Screen was glitching and frozen this morning and no GPS or controls worked, didn’t matter where I touched. A message was sent to me this morning that Tesla did a diagnostic over the air and returned no faults. Crazy. Also went to dinner last night and when we left, screen wouldn’t come on. A few times in and out of D / R, screen finally came on.

Phone app alerted me my Y was fixed and a phone call to me 5 min later. Picked it up and all is good, well..... had to give the S back! lol Y is probably going to wife and I am going to hunt for a pre-loved S. That’s today’s plan, tomorrow might be different!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung