Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up White/White Model Y PUP today (6/26). 18xxx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up in Irvine, CA today. Lots of Teslas in the garage for pickup.

Quick observations...overall, very minimal panel gaps, compared to what I have been seeing in this forum. Below is a list of what I notice so far and will post pics when I can.

1) Hood - slight panel gap
2) Hood - Driver's side near hinge, loose gasket/cover?
3) Glass roof - front passenger side, scratch/glue?
4) Roof - front passenger side, small area of paint bubbles
5) Tailgate - under ledge, cracked paint
7) Front quarter panel - both side at the front, overlaps the bumper and has paint bubbles at the edge
8) Door moulding - Driver's side by mirror, does not meet up with the mirror housing and is scratched

So far that is all I really notice. the inside had a few smudges on the seats but nothing crazy. Rear seats seem to line up and drop with the activation. tailgate seems to operate normally. Pushing the hood down on the frunk is kind of scary...it's so flimsy.

I only have 50 miles left to be able to submit a service request for delivery issues, so going to look up how to do this in the app.

Picked up in Irvine, CA today. Lots of Teslas in the garage for pickup.

Quick observations...overall, very minimal panel gaps, compared to what I have been seeing in this forum. Below is a list of what I notice so far and will post pics when I can.

1) Hood - slight panel gap
2) Hood - Driver's side near hinge, loose gasket/cover?
3) Glass roof - front passenger side, scratch/glue?
4) Roof - front passenger side, small area of paint bubbles
5) Tailgate - under ledge, cracked paint
7) Front quarter panel - both side at the front, overlaps the bumper and has paint bubbles at the edge
8) Door moulding - Driver's side by mirror, does not meet up with the mirror housing and is scratched

So far that is all I really notice. the inside had a few smudges on the seats but nothing crazy. Rear seats seem to line up and drop with the activation. tailgate seems to operate normally. Pushing the hood down on the frunk is kind of scary...it's so flimsy.

I only have 50 miles left to be able to submit a service request for delivery issues, so going to look up how to do this in the app.
Get it in writing on due bill of all paint issues with the delivery team, then open service via app. Paint issues you want it all in writting it had existed before the 100 miles mark.

Get pictures of defects and odometer reading - include them in making appointment in the App.

Also, send them to your Delivery Advisor. My service center blamed Delivery Team for not ordering parts and setting up the repair for "due bill" when I asked about update weeks later.

Pics of the Y IMG_6072.jpg IMG_6073.jpg IMG_6074.jpg IMG_6075.jpg IMG_6076.jpg IMG_6077.jpg IMG_6078.jpg IMG_6080.jpg IMG_6083.jpg IMG_6084.jpg

Reactions: Gumball
Oh...probably the most expensive issue isn't even cosmetic. I'm supposed to have FSD, but it's showing up in the app as an upgrade and wants me to spend another $7k lol. I talked to someone on Tesla's website and she said to contact them on Monday, since support is off on the weekend.

WOW that WHITE ON WHITE LOOKS GREAT!
We had a customer that mentioned that once you hit that 100 Miles it is extremely hard to have them take care of any issues.
He said that when he first received his Model Y the tire pressure was low he paid no mind and 101 miles later his tire blew! Tesla did not want to replace since he was past his 100 miles.

WOW that WHITE ON WHITE LOOKS GREAT!
We had a customer that mentioned that once you hit that 100 Miles it is extremely hard to have them take care of any issues.
He said that when he first received his Model Y the tire pressure was low he paid no mind and 101 miles later his tire blew! Tesla did not want to replace since he was past his 100 miles.

That sucks. I'm trying to find every little issue and make note of them. So far, the list of concerning issues is short. I mostly want the overlapping front panels and the cracked paint in the tailgate door fixed.

That sucks. I'm trying to find every little issue and make note of them. So far, the list of concerning issues is short. I mostly want the overlapping front panels and the cracked paint in the tailgate door fixed.

That crackling paint looks suspicious. Too much paint build-up causing cracking when drying? The overlaping panel thing is what was causing rust development in some owner's early M3's. The paint would wear down from normal panel movement from driving causing bare metal-to-metal abraision. Rust quickly followed which then badly stained surrounding paint surfaces.

was originally supposed to be Costa Mesa, but then it was chenged to Irvine the day before delivery. I think they are down the street from eachother. The Irvine pick-up was in what appeared to be an office parking garage. 6th level was full of Teslas, awaiting delivery.

Ah, so it's more of a Tesla storage facility, not a showroom/sales office. Was that at the Spectrum?

Yours just looks like mine. :)

I picked up mine on Thursday (6/25) and it was overall okay although my trunk didn't get closed all the way sometimes and a couple of misaligned parts (tail lights and passengers side door panel). However, I have found more problems later at home. Many of screws on wheel wells are missing or loosened. And I just found that the rubber pad on the accelerator pedal was missing as well. I didn't even notice until I was switching those pad with 3rd party aluminum pads. :(
IMG_2563.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 83
Yours just looks like mine. :)

I picked up mine on Thursday (6/25) and it was overall okay although my trunk didn't get closed all the way sometimes and a couple of misaligned parts (tail lights and passengers side door panel). However, I have found more problems later at home. Many of screws on wheel wells are missing or loosened. And I just found that the rubber pad on the accelerator pedal was missing as well. I didn't even notice until I was switching those pad with 3rd party aluminum pads. :(View attachment 558234

I noticed missing fasteners under the wheel well after seeing your post.