Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up yesterday @ Fremont - My thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Wanted to share with you my pickup experience yesterday as I picked up a MY ( ordered on 9/27, White LR, 20" Induction, Tow). After ordering on 9/27, they called me a day after saying that my car was ready! Was a bit surprised at this, but unfortunately I was out of town and couldn't take delivery of car. VIN was assigned to another customer.

Continued to wait for another VIN and decided to change the exterior color to MSM. Knew this would add some time to my delivery. Got a VIN ( 62XXX) earlier this week and email saying car will be ready for the 17th for pickup. Super stoked!

Got to Fremont and immediately found the car. Did a thorough inspection and found the following issues:

-Frunk did not sit flush on both sides
-Backseats didn't sit flush when in normal position
-Rear right door, when closed, wasn't flush with the body quarter panel

I felt these issues were easily fixable and did not warrant a reject. Paint looked and felt good. Car had software 2020.40 waiting to be installed. Can confirm 2021 model has new tail lights.

Overall pretty happy with the experience. For those who are worrying about quality, have faith!

Hi All,

Wanted to share with you my pickup experience yesterday as I picked up a MY ( ordered on 9/27, White LR, 20" Induction, Tow). After ordering on 9/27, they called me a day after saying that my car was ready! Was a bit surprised at this, but unfortunately I was out of town and couldn't take delivery of car. VIN was assigned to another customer.

Continued to wait for another VIN and decided to change the exterior color to MSM. Knew this would add some time to my delivery. Got a VIN ( 62XXX) earlier this week and email saying car will be ready for the 17th for pickup. Super stoked!

Got to Fremont and immediately found the car. Did a thorough inspection and found the following issues:

-Frunk did not sit flush on both sides
-Backseats didn't sit flush when in normal position
-Rear right door, when closed, wasn't flush with the body quarter panel

I felt these issues were easily fixable and did not warrant a reject. Paint looked and felt good. Car had software 2020.40 waiting to be installed. Can confirm 2021 model has new tail lights.

Overall pretty happy with the experience. For those who are worrying about quality, have faith!

I agree completely. I think Tesla community is overly sensitive on the fit&finish issues. I think most (if not all) the issues I saw in my delivery yesterday could easily be overlooked. When you start looking at things with a microscope, you are going to find things!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
@Alankevis - I got my VIN roughly 4 days prior to the delivery day. One day it just appeared - was a bit surprised as I assumed I my status went back to the end of the line with the change of the exterior color.

@NuTony, here's a picture of the taillights. I think it looks different from the 2020 models?

Attachments

• 331F112B-A0C4-401A-AFC9-D07B98558BA1.JPG
    331F112B-A0C4-401A-AFC9-D07B98558BA1.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 100
@Alankevis - I got my VIN roughly 4 days prior to the delivery day. One day it just appeared - was a bit surprised as I assumed I my status went back to the end of the line with the change of the exterior color.

@NuTony, here's a picture of the taillights. I think it looks different from the 2020 models?
Negative my friend.... thanks.

But this whole model 3 refresh is causing me to wait to order my Long Range now... i want to wait a few months for them to put the new console and steering wheel in the Y.. glad i have other cars to drive!!