Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picketing outside Tesla HQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A carpenter was giving evidence about an accident he had witnessed. The lawyer for the defendant was trying to discredit him and asked him how far away he was from the accident.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The carpenter replied, "Twenty-seven feet, six and one-half inches."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"What? How come you are so sure of that distance?" asked the lawyer.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Well, I knew sooner or later some idiot would ask me. So I measured it!" replied the carpenter. :rolleyes:[/FONT]

Good to know that the Grim Reaper drives a VW thing! (with exhaust pipe) :wink:

I knew it!! The Grim Reaper is indeed British!

View attachment 86573

attachment.php?attachmentid=86573&d=1436238763.jpg

Give me a f-ing break!!!

They are bringing jobs back to the US and revitalizing our car industry by making everybody take notice of what they are doing, among so many other good things they are doing like pushing the auto industry to get us off oil, creating sustainable battery infrastructure, etc.

I just had occasion to drive by the Tesla HQ on Deer Creek Road and was surprised to see pickets outside the main gate (and security obvious at the other entrances).

There was a big sign with something to the effect of 'Tesla kills families, Tesla kills jobs'

I hadn't noticed any other mentions of an issue or industrial action?

No MX to be seen :biggrin:

Like a lot of folks associated with this "movement" they really have no clue how modern day America and the rest of the developed world work. I'm not sure (and I suspect they don't either) why or what they are protesting about.

But it's good work if you can get it.

I have zero sympathy for unions, public or private. My wife had a very negative experience with the teacher's union while she was working in the public schools. Basically, unless you've attained tenure, they don't give a $#!+ about you.
This is the two-tier problem. Any union which allows "two-tier" operations (where one set of workers gets the good deal, and another set gets the shaft) is missing the entire point of unions and has turned into a rent-seeking elitist operation.

Real unions support all workers at a given workplace.

This is activism for hire...
Note that the TESLA part is on a removable section of the sign. They just Velcro or tape a new name to the pre-printed sign so they do not have to spend money on a company/person specific sign!
I saw a similar setup at a bank branch remodel site. I was out to lunch and had time on my hands, so I pressed the picketer for information. He was indifferent enough that he must have been paid to be there. He knew nothing more than the sign's content and couldn't answer any of my questions. I actually went into the bank which was open for business and they explained things better than the "protester."
Based on my assessment and familiarity, this has to do with construction and not the dealers' association. To me, it's just not their style.
Is the signage being left up overnight? That'd make a great Hallow'een setup.