Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up a 2019 Performance. Doesnt have red brakes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. Picking up a 2019 Perf from Tesla today, but I noticed something weird when looking at it in the lot. The brakes are not the red calipers on 2-piece rotors, but just the base model brakes. Is this right, or is something funny going on?

Hey guys. Picking up a 2019 Perf from Tesla today, but I noticed something weird when looking at it in the lot. The brakes are not the red calipers on 2-piece rotors, but just the base model brakes. Is this right, or is something funny going on?
It is likely the car is a stealth performance. This means that the car has the performance 0-60 time plus track mode but is otherwise identical to a regular dual motor. If you bought used from Tesla they will market these as Performance models on the webpage.

Awesome, thank you guys for the quick reply! Other than the brakes, is the suspension the softer one, too?
Yes, as far as I know it is not lowered the 10mm like a PUP (performance upgrade package) performance model was. You will also have no spoiler or racing pedals.

Benefits are that you can run cheaper, more efficient, and less prone to damage stock 18s on the car since you have smaller brakes and the stealth performance models tend to be cheaper to purchase than PUP performance models. I recently purchased a 2020 stealth performance from Tesla and did some modifications to it if you are interested here is my thread.

When you do get inside the car look at the screen and make sure it has the dual motor with the red line under it and includes track mode.

1664550614228.png

Last edited:
Yes, as far as I know it is not lowered the 10mm like a PUP (performance upgrade package) performance model was. You will also have no spoiler or racing pedals.

Benefits are that you can run cheaper, more efficient, and less prone to damage stock 18s on the car since you have smaller brakes and the stealth performance models tend to be cheaper to purchase than PUP performance models. I recently purchased a 2020 stealth performance from Tesla and did some modifications to it if you are interested here is my thread.

When you do get inside the car look at the screen and make sure it has the dual motor with the red line under it and includes track mode.

View attachment 858482
It was definitely a performance haha. I didn't realize it was missing the lowered suspension, but that's not a biggie. I want to get into some aero stuff just for the range improvements at 70-80mph highway speeds, and at that point may toss in some coils down the road. I have no idea what mods are out for this car, so I really appreciate the link! I'll be checking that out tonight.

It was definitely a performance haha. I didn't realize it was missing the lowered suspension, but that's not a biggie. I want to get into some aero stuff just for the range improvements at 70-80mph highway speeds, and at that point may toss in some coils down the road. I have no idea what mods are out for this car, so I really appreciate the link! I'll be checking that out tonight.

There are a ton of mods so sky's the limit (or your wallet) :D

18s are a better size than the 20s and you can put some better tires to make it handle just as well as the the bigger wheel Performance Package version. The best thing about the Performance version is the track mode which you have so enjoy it. Its a fantastic car.

Reactions: rpiotro