Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up a demo LR+ soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I will be picking up a demo LR+ With 600 miles soon. It’s from a location 500 miles from me. I understand warranty works just like the new car bud I have a couple more questions

1. what condition would you expect from a demo car? Will they treat it just like a new car and fix any imperfections we point out.
2. If we return, can we apply that discount to other cars(I Think know the answer :))
3. anything specific I need to look out for in demo cars
4. How many days do I have to pick it up after placing the order?
5. I am planning to get my own credit union financing. How can I go about?
6. Any other pointers?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello all, I will be picking up a demo LR+ With 600 miles soon. It’s from a location 500 miles from me. I understand warranty works just like the new car bud I have a couple more questions

1. what condition would you expect from a demo car? Will they treat it just like a new car and fix any imperfections we point out.
2. If we return, can we apply that discount to other cars(I Think know the answer :))
4. Any other pointers?

Thanks
1. Expect some cosmetic blemishes that they will not fix under warranty (hence it being discounted)
2. Nope
3. Cosmetics will be the major concern here, mechanical will be covered. Look over the seats VERY carefully, along with the trim (those little pieces and parts are expensive to replace.
4. Be prepared to walk away is there are blemishes that'll bother you after you leave.

4. How many days do I have to pick it up after placing the order?
5. I am planning to get my own credit union financing. How can I go about?
6. Any other pointers?

Thanks

I’m picking up my demo LR+ today with 1300 miles.. Just curious how much discount did they knock off your car?

Demo is basically a "test drive" car. I bought one demo with 2500 miles and almost $15000 discount. This is what happened to my whole process. I saw one demo available in Bay Area. That one has 900 miles with $10k off. I hate to pay $2k for transport. So I called my local Tesla store and asked if they have any demo in my state to avoid any kind of transportation fees. They sent me a few links from their system and I saw one that I really like. I was sitting on it for couple hours and decided to pull the trigger but the link no longer valid. It's sold in 2 hours. I was so mad at myself. A few days later I called my rep again and asked him to send me any links if he see any available in the future. I was lucky it happened that my store has one for sale that day and that's the one I was driving a week ago. To my advantage I was able to inspect and test drive that Model X. It's a Performance Model X.

My advise is when they send you the link act fast because it goes very quickly.

Reactions: E Dizzle
I bought a demo in November 2017. Absolutely no cosmetic issues. Just like a new car in every way except a few miles. The warranty is good for 50,000 miles after you take delivery. As it has never been titled to anyone, it should also count as a new car for any EV rebates and financing.