Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up a model 3 tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 LR AWD, blue, black interior, 18" aeros, AP on July 17th, 2020 with an estimated delivery date of 4-8 weeks. I got the Tesla test message back on 8 /10/20 stating that it would be an estimated "3-6 weeks" delivery from that date. Today, 8/25/2020, I got my MVPA & assigned a VIN on the Tesla website followed by an email and text from my delivery advisor. The Tesla Service Center here in Austin, TX from where I will be picking up my car, sent me a text, scheduling my delivery for a tentative date of September 13th. Woo hoo!!!

Today, 8/25/2020, I got my MVPA & assigned a VIN on the Tesla website followed by an email and text from my delivery advisor. The Tesla Service Center here in Austin, TX from where I will be picking up my car, sent me a text, scheduling my delivery for a tentative date of September 13th. Woo hoo!!!

Great to see Tesla is working on the blue cars and delivering to Texas. Red has to be next. :)

Did you upload your insurance card (without the vin number)? Just wondering if that helped.

Great to see Tesla is working on the blue cars and delivering to Texas. Red has to be next. :)

Did you upload your insurance card (without the vin number)? Just wondering if that helped.
I uploaded my insurance this afternoon, after I got my VIN. All states, with the exception of these below, have to have the Tesla VIN uploaded. So, unless you're one of the below states, it doesn't progress your order to upload your current car insurance policy.
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington

Hi, been lurking here for quite a while.

Going for our delivery appointment tomorrow, I’m pretty excited, but I will for sure do a proper once over. I’m a little concerned because we are getting an car out of the stock... has anyone had a bad experience with stock vs order?

Congrats! Very exciting.

I knew I was going to look for issues but at the same time I would have been fine letting Tesla fix minor issues. I happened to get my car from existing stock too, no issues at all. Initially I ordered an AWD LR but my Tesla Advisor tipped me off about a Stealth Performance available near where I live, so I jumped on it.

My car had 17 miles when I picked it up too.

Nice! I really wanted blue, but grey was a close 2nd choice for me. Ended up going with ordering one, as I figured for the wireless charging I could wait. Plus it let me take my time selling my vehicles rather than rushing.

Also had one small issue. A burr on the paint of the bottom lip of the front end. They tried buffing it out, and no luck. I truly can't even find it today, I'm sure I could if I looked really close in the sun. But getting a new front end next week.