Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up car issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20190924_111301.jpg
20190924_111301.jpg

Attachments

• 20190924_111252.jpg
    20190924_111252.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 53
service center just call me I made an appointment for Friday, now they are saying they have to replace the entire bumper and repaint it. I don't know if that sounds like such a good idea with a new car instead of just waiting a few weeks for a new car. I'm not sure I want an entirely new bumper put on a car that's not going to quite match, even though obviously they say they're going to pay match it, that seems like maybe not a great idea? For this little bit of paint chip?

Last edited:
Jeezus!! Iguess they really wanted to pump out those cars to make Q3 numbers!!! Reminds me of GM, Ford & Chevrolet. The production manager meets his #, leave it to the dealers to do the fixing, I've made my quota & bonus,!!!

I'm scheduled to do my pickup this week or by Monday the latest to preserve my 2yrSC.

I asked if I can drive it B4 I sign/accept, they said NO.
Kinda strange. I understand that I could not test drive a car if it was already allocated to a customer, but, since I'm the customer, I can't understand why I'm not permitted . When at the SC, I did test drive a SR rear drive, they didn't have any dual motor version available.

I've sat in my buddy's S model rear drive only so I have an idea what kinda Gforce to expect. Since I'm getting the PerformanceSleeper(PS), I'd want to know that it is what I bought, not just looking at the screen or a badge...(btw,what badge comes with it?) I don't have a device to test the 0-60 times either. Thoughts?

Well, I can always return it after 1k miles or 7 days if it acts up and have issues...but I'd be paying on the loan until then and T will have my deposit until they process the paper work for the return.

My advice... do not accept this car as is.... those gaps are way way off compared to my car that I took delivery at the end of the 2018 Q3 rush, which was insane... especially the back end one, that looks just awful! Surprisingly, my car was almost flawless as far as panel gaps, so it can be done. I’m not that guy who brings in a millimeter ruler to measure every gap, but they should look close to the naked eye. This is one of the worst ones I’ve ever seen, online or in person. There’s too much that needs to be done to this that I would not accept it, even if they promised to fix. Demand a new VIN.

Reactions: MikeR55
Is it worth replacing its entire bumper for this little bit of paint chip? I almost feel like replacing the bumper is a not great idea in the end cuz it's not now Factory original? But the service center is insisting on it and they want me to bring it by so they can get the paint match ready.
20190924_125246.jpg

MikeR55

Has it been 7 days? I would honestly think about telling them you want a new VIN, if they’re already planning on replacing the bumper. The white color is the hardest color to match, as even cars from the factory have had issues w matching the back bumper to the rest of the car.

If it’s been past 7 days, then do whatever you feel is best for you. If it hasn’t, why deal with all of this when you can prob get in a brand new VIN within a week, two tops?

Good luck to you, whatever you end up doing! I love the look of the white Model 3, if I had to do it over, it would be white without a doubt! You’re going to fall in love with this car, like you’ve never loved a car before. I make excuses to run to the store to get a gallon of milk, it’s so much fun!

MikeR55

Has it been 7 days? I would honestly think about telling them you want a new VIN, if they’re already planning on replacing the bumper. The white color is the hardest color to match, as even cars from the factory have had issues w matching the back bumper to the rest of the car.

If it’s been past 7 days, then do whatever you feel is best for you. If it hasn’t, why deal with all of this when you can prob get in a brand new VIN within a week, two tops?

Good luck to you, whatever you end up doing! I love the look of the white Model 3, if I had to do it over, it would be white without a doubt! You’re going to fall in love with this car, like you’ve never loved a car before. I make excuses to run to the store to get a gallon of milk, it’s so much fun!
From what I hear it takes 60 days to get your money back and you can't order the same configuration for a year (I have no idea how they enforce this).
I wouldn't repaint the bumper for that unless the bumper was already poorly painted.

MikeR55

No, not 7 days I literally just picked it up an hour ago. So the only thing is I don't get the 2-year free supercharging because a new VIN number would mean it does not come in by OctoberNo, not 7 days I literally just picked it up an hour ago. So the only thing is I don't get the 2-year free supercharging because a new VIN number would mean it does not come in by October 1st.

From what I hear it takes 60 days to get your money back and you can't order the same configuration for a year (I have no idea how they enforce this).
I wouldn't repaint the bumper for that unless the bumper was already poorly painted.

Wow, I did not hear that. So they hold my money? That's not good plus the fact that it's a loan. And if I can't order the same configuration? That would be crazy. Nobody told me that or I would have not even taken delivery. So this now is pretty upsetting if that's the case. But I feel like putting a brand new bumper on a brand new car, and then trying to paint match it, is not really worth $54,000 I just spent on a Car. Plus the car then would not have the original bumper on it if I ever try to resell it.

Reactions: GreenT
MikeR55

Do not accept this. They will make it right, you’re not canceling an order, you’re rejecting the VIN they assigned you and want another one. They shouldn’t treat you as if you’re canceling your order and abandoning the deal. They didn’t hold up their end, they were supposed to provide you with a brand new car that is (relatively speaking) flawless. For you to accept a car that will need a completely new bumper before you even drive it off the lot is, for lack of a better term, crazy. This isn’t 2018 where if you reject, you might not get your car for another quarter. They have enough of them now, especially in white, that I’d be surprised if they didn’t match you with a new VIN within a week. Think about it, they should have never even tried to offer a customer a car that is this misaligned. That trunk is laughable and how that made it past quality control is beyond me. But again, I wish you the best of luck with whatever choice is best for you. I would just think long and hard, as another poster stated, why wasn’t this addressed before they presented it to you for delivery? It might not be an easy fix.

Yeah and of course my sales guy has today off. I'm going to talk to him. I agree, I did take delivery, I drove it home to look through it more. Because they told me I had seven days and take it to service center. But once I was home the service center called me and told me they want to replace the bumper. At that point that's ridiculous. I agree. I guess I have to talk to my sales guy and his manager to get this straightened out.

Also, two years free supercharging sounds amazing, but in practice it’s a few hundred bucks, unless you have a special case where you’re supercharging regularly.

What would you choose before you made the purchase? A car that has a significantly misaligned trunk and needs a new bumper but comes with 2 years of free SC, or a flawless brand new car that is ready to show off on day 1. I would easily pay whatever amount you’re going to save in supercharging for the flawless car. But that’s just me, and again, your situation is unique to you.

Also, two years free supercharging sounds amazing, but in practice it’s a few hundred bucks, unless you have a special case where you’re supercharging regularly.

What would you choose before you made the purchase? A car that has a significantly misaligned trunk and needs a new bumper but comes with 2 years of free SC, or a flawless brand new car that is ready to show off on day 1. I would easily pay whatever amount you’re going to save in supercharging for the flawless car. But that’s just me, and again, your situation is unique to you.

Well the salesperson just got a hold of me he told me that if I do return it I cannot order another one of the same trim. Which is insane to me, so I told him I need to speak to a manager. I think I'm also going to take it to the service center see if they think it's as bad as they think it is, I do not want a new bumper for sure. And if they can fix the alignment of those gaps, and not replace the bumper, then everything else is fine.