Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up car using Power of Attorney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been posted in the past, but there is limited info on the forum. Has anyone picked up their car using power of attorney. I totally get that you would be relying on another person to inspect the car, etc etc, just wondering if anyone has done this and what their experience with Tesla was.

No useful input, but maybe call the location well ahead of time to make sure they are prepared to understand how to utilize it. Buying a car is a much smaller transaction, but for example I had considered using a POA to do a home refinance. The bank had to have their legal team look over the POA beforehand to give it their blessing for the correct verbiage.

• Helpful
Reactions: alekaras
Yes, recently did so in VA since I am still overseas but heading back soon. I had a Special POA drawn up with the specific VIN listed, but also discussed with the Tesla location (supervisor level) prior to the actual pickup.
If it was at Tysons can you give me the name of the supervisor so I can arrange to do the same - my wife won’t be able to be at the delivery due to being hospitalized