Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Friday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed my order a few times so I wasn't too hopeful but they called and said they have the Blue PUP available vs the Red and I didn't care much about color so said yes. Also said tow hitch wasn't available since it was already built but confirmed that if I wanted it later, it could be installed for the same price ($1,000).

My VIN is 31XX so it'll be interesting to see what it looks like in terms of finish. Like some others here, if it was a rejected one or someone cancelled their order due to Covid, I hope they took that time to address any flaws so I don't have to.

I'll keep it updated to see what the finish is like.

I changed my order a few times so I wasn't too hopeful but they called and said they have the Blue PUP available vs the Red and I didn't care much about color so said yes. Also said tow hitch wasn't available since it was already built but confirmed that if I wanted it later, it could be installed for the same price ($1,000).

My VIN is 31XX so it'll be interesting to see what it looks like in terms of finish. Like some others here, if it was a rejected one or someone cancelled their order due to Covid, I hope they took that time to address any flaws so I don't have to.

I see PUP used here and there, is this referring to the optional package for the Performance? Or is there a separate Premium Package?

Is the Friday pickup confirmed for you ? I’m trying to pickup my S as well and was told that it’s only essential worker deliveries at this point.

Nice! Congrats on the job, and the car ! I consider space exploration essential :)

Hah thank you!

The car was surprisingly in good enough shape. There were a couple smaller alignment things that they took photos of and then the rear seat issue that almost everyone has had but already have an appointment to take care of it. Nothing big at all that made me question if I should take it or not. Very quick process overall.

Congratulations I have a model S and I’m considering a Y thanks for the info ...is this your first tesla ? I’m curious if the ride with no air suspension

I've driven a few model 3s and I was a little worried that it would be as rough as that ride, and I was pleasantly surprised. I have a GTI and a Q5 and it's closer to the Q5 than I would have thought. The biggest difference is having the 21" wheels that I'm going to trade for some smaller ones. They're not as bad as I thought they would be, but I don't want the range hit and the tires cost a fortune.

I don't think it's as smooth as the air suspension as the S but I don't think you expect that with springs and coils.

I've driven a few model 3s and I was a little worried that it would be as rough as that ride, and I was pleasantly surprised. I have a GTI and a Q5 and it's closer to the Q5 than I would have thought. The biggest difference is having the 21" wheels that I'm going to trade for some smaller ones. They're not as bad as I thought they would be, but I don't want the range hit and the tires cost a fortune.

I don't think it's as smooth as the air suspension as the S but I don't think you expect that with springs and coils.

How does the Y handle compared to your GTI? I have a Golf R right now, and I'm not expecting the same cornering feeling, but I'm hoping for something close.

How does the Y handle compared to your GTI? I have a Golf R right now, and I'm not expecting the same cornering feeling, but I'm hoping for something close.

My other car was a MK6 Golf R! I absolutely loved it, had the Bilstein PSS10 though so not sure what your suspension setup was. I haven't had much of a chance to really whip it around but it hugs pretty well so far. I'm a fan of the performance suspension on the Y. You can definitely feel the low center of gravity.

Reactions: DDrawer