Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up inventory 3: checking battery health?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

We are picking up a LR RWD Aug 2018 build soon with less than 15 miles on it. Owner adviser claims it was ordered, then swapped out for another inventory car, and it's been sitting there in inventory since. Interesting side note, we wanted a discounted inventory car in this configuration when we heard about the large discounts. However they were all sold. This one "popped up" a day later. Why wasn't it there all along?

Anyway, one of my concerns is has this car been sitting in the parking lot uncharged since vampire drain took it's final juice last year?...If I had to guess, probably.

Is there anyway I can see this with one of the stats apps/teslafi or do I only get data from delivery on?

Is there anyway during delivery I can be sure the battery will charge all the way up yo 325?

Thanks,

Go to Settings > Display, and toggle between Energy and Distance. You should see the battery/range indicator flip between % and miles.

Miles divided by % equals rated range @ 100%, which is indicative of battery health.

This will be more accurate if the version is pre-2019.5.15 when LR had 310 miles of rated range.

Example:

Toggling display units on an LR gives 90% SoC and 283 miles.

273/.9 = 303.33 @ 100%

Assuming pre-2019.5.15 SW, 303.33/310 = 97.84% battery health or 2.15% battery degradation.

These numbers are just that, numbers. They mean very little on their own and are more meaningful when degradation is tracked over a long period of time.

• Helpful
Reactions: BourneM3