Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up M3 this week - a couple questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, first of all is there any way to change your user name? I didn't notice mine auto corrected to "pension" lol.

Anyways I pick up my Model 3 Standard Range Plus this week. My first question is about rust and if I should have the car wrapped or ceramic coated? I am not a "car guy" and I don't care if it gets some scratches here or there, I really just don't want it to rust.

My second question is how accurate is the range? I am picking the car up from Tesla York and live in Windsor, Ontario. The Comber supercharger is 325km away. Will I be safe to not charge until this point, with the M3 SR+ saying it has 402km range?

Thanks for the input,

Patrick

Hi Guys, first of all is there any way to change your user name? I didn't notice mine auto corrected to "pension" lol.

Anyways I pick up my Model 3 Standard Range Plus this week. My first question is about rust and if I should have the car wrapped or ceramic coated? I am not a "car guy" and I don't care if it gets some scratches here or there, I really just don't want it to rust.

My second question is how accurate is the range? I am picking the car up from Tesla York and live in Windsor, Ontario. The Comber supercharger is 325km away. Will I be safe to not charge until this point, with the M3 SR+ saying it has 402km range?

Thanks for the input,

Patrick

Congrats on the new Tesla. !
Their has been no rust issues except on the rocker panel with some cars.
Ceramic coating won’t help with that, and a wrap in that area (Tesla sells) along with mud flaps (Tesla sells) will be enough for your rocker panel. No rust proofing needed.

As for the range. Assuming you leave the dealer with around 80-90%, you can stop at the London supercharger and have no issues getting back to Windsor.

Enjoy.

Congrats on the new Tesla. !
Their has been no rust issues except on the rocker panel with some cars.
Ceramic coating won’t help with that, and a wrap in that area (Tesla sells) along with mud flaps (Tesla sells) will be enough for your rocker panel. No rust proofing needed.

As for the range. Assuming you leave the dealer with around 80-90%, you can stop at the London supercharger and have no issues getting back to Windsor.

Enjoy.

Awesome, thanks!

You can get aftermarket mudflaps from Amazon much cheaper than from Tesla.
One thing you NEED to do is a thorough inspection of your paint before you leave the Tesla site.
I had several paint defects, including bare metal showing. They use steel. aluminum an plastic on various panels. Mine was on the fender, which was steel. I got the fender repainted.
Interestingly enough, there was bare metal showing on the inside of the hood (aluminum) which the dealer said was in spec.