Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Model 3 tomorrow - what to look out for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Forgive me if this thread has been done before I couldn't find anything in the first 3 pages on this.

I'm picking up my model 3 LR from park royal tomorrow morning. Just wondering what kind of things I should look out for in terms of the car and the process?

Any common faults in the car I need to look out for? (I know panel gaps can be an issue)
Any specific things I should ask about when it comes to the hand off?
I know Tesla does things its own way but does contactless really mean I won't have anyone showing me my car properly?

can one of you lads point me towards the checklist that's mentioned in the threads above? :)

I used this one:
Tesla Model 3 UK RHD - Delivery Checklist

I made a duplicate of it and then deleted some of the items that are no longer required for testing and/or specific to non-UK collections. As it turned out, I didn't even make it off the first page before rejecting my car :(

Reactions: OneTinyFish
I believe there is now enough evidence to state, with a degree of confidence, that it's only cars that have the Telefonica/Movistar eSIM fitted that seem to have this problem with the app. That was pretty much confirmed to me this morning by Tesla (see the other thread). It should be possible to determine which of the two eSIMs are installed, as it seems the adverts in some apps in the car are a giveaway; if they are in Dutch then the car doesn't have the Telefonica SIM, if they are in Spanish then it does.