Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Model X 100D on Saturday 12/15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I will finally be joining the Tesla family on Saturday. Our Model X will be my wife's daily driver (replacing our Volvo XC90 Hybrid) and we are planning on using it occasionally for road trips as well. We've got three kids and two dogs so a Model X was pretty much our only choice (I prefer the Model S, but she is in love with the Model X).

Here is a link to our spec: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/...=RN2029179&src=dashboard&coming_from=viewspec

We can't wait and I've never seen her this excited about a car before. It should be a fun experience. We are preparing for the nuances of the Model X, but neither of us are very picking and we aren't going to get real upset if everything isn't perfect.

I'll post about our delivery experience and some pictures this weekend.

Thanks to this Forum for being such a great resource!

P.S. Our 10.6KW PV array goes on next Thursday so we will be completely sun powered by then! ;)

We took delivery yesterday and it was a very smooth process. It took less than 45 minutes from the time we arrived. They must have had 50-100 cars being prepped or waiting for delivery.

The Model X is amazing. So far it's exceeding our expectations. No obviously flaws on the car. We have only had one bug where the car wouldn't give us directions to any destination entered on the map. I did a quick reset and it worked fine after.

Only other issue is with my Bosch level 2 charger. Every time I try plugging it in with the J-1772 adapter, I get a fault. The Bosch charger works with our other EV's (Leaf and Panamera Hybrid), but I've seen on the forum that this might be a common problem these chargers. So I'll be using the Tesla Level 1 charger until we get a Nema 14-50 outlet installed in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• zFJ9SaVpTxyuluP746nZYg.jpg
    zFJ9SaVpTxyuluP746nZYg.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 117
  • w+fcDXSHRcKMRr5lz58tcg.jpg
    w+fcDXSHRcKMRr5lz58tcg.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 101
  • ux8FMEteRuyZ%DFf39WQcg.jpg
    ux8FMEteRuyZ%DFf39WQcg.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 109
  • fullsizeoutput_27b8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_27b8.jpeg
    451.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20H4LVXYQw6A9HdIYPwM2A.jpg
    20H4LVXYQw6A9HdIYPwM2A.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 107
We took delivery yesterday and it was a very smooth process. It took less than 45 minutes from the time we arrived. They must have had 50-100 cars being prepped or waiting for delivery.

The Model X is amazing. So far it's exceeding our expectations. No obviously flaws on the car. We have only had one bug where the car wouldn't give us directions to any destination entered on the map. I did a quick reset and it worked fine after.

Only other issue is with my Bosch level 2 charger. Every time I try plugging it in with the J-1772 adapter, I get a fault. The Bosch charger works with our other EV's (Leaf and Panamera Hybrid), but I've seen on the forum that this might be a common problem these chargers. So I'll be using the Tesla Level 1 charger until we get a Nema 14-50 outlet installed in the next few weeks.

Have had a Nema 14-50 for almost six years for my S, my X, and now my 3. Plan on using it for my Y. No problems at all.

You will be very happy with the setup.

BTW, nice car! Congrats!

Congrats, how does it compare to the xc90 t8?

The XC90 has a very quiet and comfortable ride, the sound system was outstanding, and the seats were the best I've seen. Overall a very nice SUV, but rather boring. The hybrid portion was frustrating. The electric only mode is so gutless that you end up kicking on the ICE under moderate acceleration or driving on the highway. So it was fine to drive a couple of miles to drop the kids off at school, but difficult to stay in electric only around town. The shift from electric drive to gas drive was also pretty jerky and sometimes took a second. Their equivalent of autopilot wasn't bad, it was pretty useful on the highway for long road trips, but not in heavy traffic.

Model X just feels light years ahead. Much better overall driving experience. I like the sportier feel. It has a rougher ride, but I actually like that as opposed to a soft cushy ride. Acceleration isn't even a contest. I could go on and on about all of the things the Tesla does better. Only complaints so far are lack of 360 camera, and the sound system is okay, but not as good as I expected.