Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Model Y LR tomorrow 2/27 in San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my 3rd Tesla tomorrow morning a 2021 Model Y LR. I went by the showroom this morning and couldn't fine mine anywhere. I have a home link kit and asked that it be installed before I pick up tomorrow. Service indicated they were pretty busy, but would get it done for me.

There were at least 15-20 vehicles that were being delivered today in the parking lot. 90% of them were Model Y's. I did not see any new headlights (and the latest VIN was a 121K). Mine is 125K. Although I would prefer to have the latest, I'm going to take her home regardless.

I rented a car to drive down here (350 miles from home) and Enterprise gave me a Kia. It is so annoying when people try to compare the interior of a Tesla to a Kia. Craziness. The interior of Tesla, although minimal, feels luxurious to me (and yes I've owned many luxury cars....actually still have a couple).

Excited for tomorrow!

This black Model Y was in the showroom looking really nice.

0A1B8303-4F7D-4BB1-960B-B0BE9EB372F7.jpeg

I’m still waiting. It didn’t arrive at the store until last night (was supposed to be there at 6 am).

Was told my build date is 2/14 and it left the factory on 2/15.

They asked me to take two hours for lunch as they work to get it ready. They are also installing the home link kit I brought with me.

Should not be much longer.

I heard you can have your two Teslas registered under your name for one and a second account for the other in your spouses name and that way you can get 1000 miles free SC on each. Never tried it but won't work for us since we have both our names on the Tesla. Besides, my MS has lifetime free SC, so at best when I get a second Tesla I'll use a friend's referral code who can use it.

Ok, made it home. It has the old style headlights. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla kept the new adaptive headlights on the Performance models. I actually think they should to help justify the price difference.

Has the heated steering wheel and new style console and double pane windows.

I've made this same road trip (My house to San Antonio and back) several times in my previous 2014 Model S P85 and my 2020 Model X Performance. The Model Y charges sooooo much faster than either or those. That is a big reason why I sold (and took a complete bath) on my Model X. The Model X did feel roomier and more "luxurious", but the Y is no slouch and I think it is a much better value proposition. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Absolutely love it.

Ok, made it home. It has the old style headlights. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla kept the new adaptive headlights on the Performance models. I actually think they should to help justify the price difference.

Has the heated steering wheel and new style console and double pane windows.

I've made this same road trip (My house to San Antonio and back) several times in my previous 2014 Model S P85 and my 2020 Model X Performance. The Model Y charges sooooo much faster than either or those. That is a big reason why I sold (and took a complete bath) on my Model X. The Model X did feel roomier and more "luxurious", but the Y is no slouch and I think it is a much better value proposition. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Absolutely love it.

Pics? Pics? PIIICCSSS?? :|

You related to my boy Dead Pool?

Per Tesla is upgrading Model 3 and Model Y headlights - Electrek
All Tesla 3 and Y's will get the new headlights eventually

Glad the drive isn't as harsh as people say. When I test drove it I don't remember it being that crazy
When you have a few companies trying to sell the product they send out free samples to these reviewer channels and then use key words like "harsh, rough" etc. which can be replaced by "luxury, comfort" then you have the tesla suckers who already pay for $5k full PPF/Ceramic who think Let me pay another $2k to get this luxury/better ride lmfao. nothing is needed, car is great enjoy it for what it is, people complaining wheels scratch too much it's turned into a pure joke, it's a car not a baby. Like you, I test drove both extensively and didn't feel anything different.

Reactions: everydaychris