Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up my '21 tomorrow. Woot!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My '16 was VIN 19xx, '21 is VIN 320xxx.

It's been 300k cars since 2016. Good job Tesla.

'16 90D - everything but the winter package, and FSD. 7-seater. Blue.
'21 LR+ - everything. 5-seater. Blue.

Dropping off '16 to get FWD upper window replaced (cracked), then go directly to Dublin to pickup my '21.

Here's hoping to another 4 years of fun driving, maybe by then the 4680 refresh will be ready and I'll pickup another X.

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: pilotSteve

Dropping off '16 to get FWD upper window replaced (cracked), then go directly to Dublin to pickup my '21.

Here's hoping to another 4 years of fun driving, maybe by then the 4680 refresh will be ready and I'll pickup another X.

-ThinkMac-
Awesome! Congrats. I just received my 1-3 week text from Tesla yesterday.

21 MX LR+ 6 seat no FSD. MSM with white interior. I can’t wait. My first Tesla.

Welcome to the club TeeeeeeDub!!
You'll love it. It's an addiction. My 3rd Tesla. :)

-ThinkMac-
Yes, I know I will. It's been quite a journey for me. Had a Performance Y that died on my drive home from pick up, which I immediately returned. I was given a loaner for a few months till I ultimately decided that the X was a better choice for my family and me. So, i've had a Tesla for a few months now (for free too)! I returned it a few weeks ago and miss it.

I plan the order the same configuration.
How long after your order that you got that txt? Have you done the financing yet?
I ordered on 9/26, filled out registrations stuff and because I knew that it would be a bit for delivery, i purposely chose the 'cash' payment with no financing. Earlier this month, I reached out to Tesla and asked them to reset my financing portion so that I could apply for a loan, which I have all completed.

On 11/10, I received my 1-3 week text. Can't wait.

I ordered on 9/26, filled out registrations stuff and because I knew that it would be a bit for delivery, i purposely chose the 'cash' payment with no financing. Earlier this month, I reached out to Tesla and asked them to reset my financing portion so that I could apply for a loan, which I have all completed.

On 11/10, I received my 1-3 week text. Can't wait.
Who did you finance with? What is the rate?

-ThinkMac-
Congratulations. I have a 2016 P90D (vin 274) that we plan to trade in soon for a new LR+. Always just my wife and I on road trips; a few time with grandkids around town. The 3rd row seat is "never" used; 3rd row seats are always down. So we should get the 5 seater; but having a hard time deciding. Why did you decide on the 5 seater?

We're keeping our '16 6 seater, so no point getting another 6 seater. Kids complaining about lack of arm rest on 6-seater middle seats. Like you, we hardly use the 3rd row seats anymore, now that kids are grown. When they were younger, they enjoy being all the way in the back.

I wanted the fold-flat feature to store extra stuff when dropping kids off @ college. 6-seater was harder to manage storage and load bigger items.

Road-trips are mostly wife & I, so we don't care about the AC issues for the back. Although with the 5-seater, it feels more claustrophobic. Just because I think the it's missing that center seat in the 6-seater, it feels more open.

-ThinkMac-

Congratulations. I have a 2016 P90D (vin 274) that we plan to trade in soon for a new LR+. Always just my wife and I on road trips; a few time with grandkids around town. The 3rd row seat is "never" used; 3rd row seats are always down. So we should get the 5 seater; but having a hard time deciding. Why did you decide on the 5 seater?

My order was placed on Oct 1st, I purposely did this to avoid the EOQ rush. Have to refuse 2 deliveries because I really want to wait for the '21 MY and H pack. If I didn't want to wait, I thought I would have gotten delivery on Oct 4th or something like that. It was very quick (at the time), probably because of left over inventory from EOQ. After the 2nd refusal, that's when I really have to wait for a new '21 VIN, which took a few weeks.

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: pmccut

-ThinkMac-
I just scheduled my delivery for a '21 LR+ Midnight Silver with 7-seats and FSD. Super excited!!!

My order was placed on Oct 1st, I purposely did this to avoid the EOQ rush. Have to refuse 2 deliveries because I really want to wait for the '21 MY and H pack. If I didn't want to wait, I thought I would have gotten delivery on Oct 4th or something like that. It was very quick (at the time), probably because of left over inventory from EOQ. After the 2nd refusal, that's when I really have to wait for a new '21 VIN, which took a few weeks.

-ThinkMac-

How do you know if you are going to get a '21 VIN? I just place my order for a red 7 seat MX on Wednesday November 18th. Initially it said delivery at the end of December and I just looked this afternoon and they changed it to deliver today through November 26th, so I wonder if they have an inventory car somewhere they want to sell me that has been sitting around for a while. I don't want a '20 without the 371 mile range. Also, when did Tesla start actually stating model years outside of calendar years? I assumed a '21 would be delivered starting January '21.

10th digit in your VIN designates model year. It's an alphabet system, so for 2021, your 10th digit should be 'M'.

If you want the 371 EPA rating, you need to look at the battery pack. Rev H is the one with the 371 rating. There are some late 2020 models that have the H pack. But all 2021 MYs have the H pack.

Tesla changed to new model year designations near the end of the current year for next model year. I think they have did this the last couple of years. I don't remember. But they're doing this across the line now. All Oct build cars are MY 2021 cars.

-ThinkMac-

How do you know if you are going to get a '21 VIN? I just place my order for a red 7 seat MX on Wednesday November 18th. Initially it said delivery at the end of December and I just looked this afternoon and they changed it to deliver today through November 26th, so I wonder if they have an inventory car somewhere they want to sell me that has been sitting around for a while. I don't want a '20 without the 371 mile range. Also, when did Tesla start actually stating model years outside of calendar years? I assumed a '21 would be delivered starting January '21.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx