Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking Up My 85D Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flying from Florida to Texas to pickup my S85D. Sitting in Atlanta airport trying not to get overly excited about the 1200 mile journey back starting in a few hours. Supercharging should be old hat after visiting six or seven along the way. This trip should also provide good feedback for the actual range on a charge for the car.

Flying from Florida to Texas to pickup my S85D. Sitting in Atlanta airport trying not to get overly excited about the 1200 mile journey back starting in a few hours. Supercharging should be old hat after visiting six or seven along the way. This trip should also provide good feedback for the actual range on a charge for the car.

Congrats! Have a great trip and enjoy the ride! Our configurations look very similar and I pick up tomorrow at 4 pm. Going to be a great Easter Weekend! cs

Landed in Austin late this morning. Picked up the car (insert picture but new forum won't allow). Drove to a Walmart and loaded up with water and snacks. Headed to Houston SuC 162 miles away. Used TACC and AP. AP is good, but had to take control several times. Arrived at Houston SuC which is at the Houston Service Center. All the SuC were filled. One car was a owner, the others had California Manufacturer plates. (insert picture but new forum won't allow). Went inside to see if they could spare a port. Broke my SuC cherry. Pretty simple and the SuC was charging at 240 mph. It took 1 hour to fully top off. I didn't have to, but I wanted to take the time on the first stop to fully understand the process. 162 miles @ 294w/mi driving at speeds up to 75mph. 52 minutes at Houston and now on to Lake Charles SuC. I wish I could insert images from my Android phone.

Landed in Austin late this morning. Picked up the car (insert picture but new forum won't allow). Drove to a Walmart and loaded up with water and snacks. Headed to Houston SuC 162 miles away. Used TACC and AP. AP is good, but had to take control several times. Arrived at Houston SuC which is at the Houston Service Center. All the SuC were filled. One car was a owner, the others had California Manufacturer plates. (insert picture but new forum won't allow). Went inside to see if they could spare a port. Broke my SuC cherry. Pretty simple and the SuC was charging at 240 mph. It took 1 hour to fully top off. I didn't have to, but I wanted to take the time on the first stop to fully understand the process. 162 miles @ 294w/mi driving at speeds up to 75mph. 52 minutes at Houston and now on to Lake Charles SuC. I wish I could insert images from my Android phone.

Glad to hear you got your car ok. ☺

What problems do you have when adding images? I have no problem with my Android devices. I just did a quick screen capture and added it to this message as an example.

Have you tried clicking on the Upload a File button next to the right of the Post Reply or Reply to Message button?
Capture.PNG

Screenshot_20160324-155830~2.png

Last edited:
Congradulations man! I hope the drive goes smooth and try not to make a mess of that nice new car smell! ☺️☺️

By the way, what does supercharging feel like, do you feel like you are waiting too long? Or is the travel time vs supercharging time just right so you can get out and stretch a little. Hope it goes nice.

At the St. Charles SuC. 158 mi, 304 W/M and 82 mph once out of rush hour Beaumont traffic. The St. Charles SuC is right off the highway and on a shopping center with restaurants and shopping. Plenty to do. Why aren't there benches to sit on while waiting to complete the charge. Guess someone needs to create a charging stool to carry in the trunk.(insert pictures but new forum won't allow)

Glad to hear you got your car ok. ☺

What problems do you have when adding images? I have no problem with my Android devices. I just did a quick screen capture and added it to this message as an example.

Have you tried clicking on the Upload a File button next to the right of the Post Reply or Reply to Message button?
View attachment 168467

View attachment 168466
Ya, when i press upload, it asks for only a URL, not a browse option to select from the gallery

Congradulations man! I hope the drive goes smooth and try not to make a mess of that nice new car smell! ☺️☺️

By the way, what does supercharging feel like, do you feel like you are waiting too long? Or is the travel time vs supercharging time just right so you can get out and stretch a little. Hope it goes nice.
@Kurt Foster it is surprisingly fast. By the time you take care of business and plan the next leg, it is ready to go. It tells you how long to charge to get to the next SuC. I only needed 25 minutes at the last stop,but I actually took 35 minutes performing Tesla Ambassador duties. So, I won't have to charge as long at the next SuC in Baton Rouge