Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up my new MS60 tomorrow...any [non-checklist] advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow owners!

New guy request...any last bits of advice for pickup / day one of ownership?

Before you point me there, I've already scoured (and printed) NickjHowe's excellent delivery checklist.

Plus of course read and re-read the manual, volkerized here and read TMC forums...

Just looking for that off-the-top-of-your-head "Gee, wish I had known / done that day one" thoughts you might have.

Teeth brushed in preparation for my Tesla Grin :biggrin:

JeffZ
(JTZ_StC_MS60 on Tesla Forums)

[35644 Green MS60 | Tan Leather / Gloss Olbeche | Pano | 19" | Tech | Supercharger'd | Sensors | Subzero | Fogs]

Have a delivery party! Invite some friends who are interested and some people you like who might be able to get one and give rides and/ or let people drive if you are comfortable with that. I had someone drive me car and they ended up ordering one. Not everyone would be comfortable with letting someone drive their brand new car which is totally understandable so just test rides would be fun too.

The only thing I regretted not doing was taking that whole day off! I took delivery and then had to sit in my office all day. Worst.Best.Day.Ever. at least you are taking delivery on a Saturday!

I would suggest you watch the video series on getting to know the MS, if you haven't already. I was already very familiar with most of the stuff the DS went over, so my delivery went very quickly.

Congrats, hope you get some sleep tonight!

As some have mentioned, if you are close to a Supercharger (not a HPWC that the service center has), make sure you can charge (if you added that capability). Don't want to find out it doesn't work when on a road trip. You also want to test that the J1772 adapter works at a Level 2 charger. Oh...and get used to how to connect the adapter, and how to unplug when done (basically the locking mechanism on the Tesla can give you fits, until you figure out how to do it). I felt dumb when I went to my first L2...and couldn't figure out how to get the car to release the plug.

Depending on how much of a charge is on the car, show off to friends and family, and take them for a spin. Find an open spot in front of a coffee shop, get coffee and admire from afar (and let others ogle it)

Be sure take photos of the event. Think of the memories for those posing with the first Model T's in 1908. You're a pioneer! (from 1911)

ModelT.png

1. Listen carefully to the advice they give you about closing the frunk! I didn't, and I dented mine. Its permanently damaged and cannot be fixed.
2. Be careful how you get in and out of the car. The door post sticks out, and if you rub against it you'll cause the stitching to come undone and the thread sticks out - very ugly. I have black tape on mine holding it down now.