TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Picking up my new MS60 tomorrow...any [non-checklist] advice?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JeffZ, Apr 11, 2014.

1. JeffZ

JeffZ Member

Hi fellow owners!

New guy request...any last bits of advice for pickup / day one of ownership?

Before you point me there, I've already scoured (and printed) NickjHowe's excellent delivery checklist.

Plus of course read and re-read the manual, volkerized here and read TMC forums...

Just looking for that off-the-top-of-your-head "Gee, wish I had known / done that day one" thoughts you might have.

Teeth brushed in preparation for my Tesla Grin :biggrin:

JeffZ
    (JTZ_StC_MS60 on Tesla Forums)

[35644 Green MS60 | Tan Leather / Gloss Olbeche | Pano | 19" | Tech | Supercharger'd | Sensors | Subzero | Fogs]

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Have a delivery party! Invite some friends who are interested and some people you like who might be able to get one and give rides and/ or let people drive if you are comfortable with that. I had someone drive me car and they ended up ordering one. Not everyone would be comfortable with letting someone drive their brand new car which is totally understandable so just test rides would be fun too.

3. Larry

Larry Member

Plug into the supercharger and be sure it functions. My charging port crapped out on Day 1

4. GDH

GDH Banned

lmao

5. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

The only thing I regretted not doing was taking that whole day off! I took delivery and then had to sit in my office all day. Worst.Best.Day.Ever. at least you are taking delivery on a Saturday!

I would suggest you watch the video series on getting to know the MS, if you haven't already. I was already very familiar with most of the stuff the DS went over, so my delivery went very quickly.

Congrats, hope you get some sleep tonight!

6. JeffZ

JeffZ Member

LOL not likely. Thanks all for the tips and really appreciate the well wishes! I'll be sure to check the supercharger while at the SC (assuming they have in Villa Park)

7. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

make a playlist on your ipod of your favs for the ride home

8. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

As some have mentioned, if you are close to a Supercharger (not a HPWC that the service center has), make sure you can charge (if you added that capability). Don't want to find out it doesn't work when on a road trip. You also want to test that the J1772 adapter works at a Level 2 charger. Oh...and get used to how to connect the adapter, and how to unplug when done (basically the locking mechanism on the Tesla can give you fits, until you figure out how to do it). I felt dumb when I went to my first L2...and couldn't figure out how to get the car to release the plug.

Depending on how much of a charge is on the car, show off to friends and family, and take them for a spin. Find an open spot in front of a coffee shop, get coffee and admire from afar (and let others ogle it)

9. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

Be sure take photos of the event. Think of the memories for those posing with the first Model T's in 1908. You're a pioneer! (from 1911)

ModelT.png

10. JeffZ

JeffZ Member

Thanks all for the great suggestions! Now enjoying the first day getting to know the new ride - pics on a sunnier day to show off the green :)

Attached Files:

11. apvbguy

apvbguy Banned

be sure to check the VIN# before driving you new car away

12. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

1. Listen carefully to the advice they give you about closing the frunk! I didn't, and I dented mine. Its permanently damaged and cannot be fixed.
    2. Be careful how you get in and out of the car. The door post sticks out, and if you rub against it you'll cause the stitching to come undone and the thread sticks out - very ugly. I have black tape on mine holding it down now.