Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up new car- how many miles? What to look for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AWD 3 is finally being delivered for pick up. On the purchase agreement they sent over for my loan it says the odometer has 50 miles on it. Isn't that high for a brand new car I'm picking up at the dealer in Burbank, CA?

UPDATE: My sales person tells me 50 miles is the default Tesla writes down and not the actual mileage.

Also what other things should I look for other than paint damage and that everything is working?

What is something you wished you checked before driving it off the lot?

My AWD 3 is finally being delivered for pick up. On the purchase agreement they sent over for my loan it says the odometer has 50 miles on it. Isn't that high for a brand new car I'm picking up at the dealer in Burbank, CA?

UPDATE: My sales person tells me 50 miles is the default Tesla writes down and not the actual mileage.

Also what other things should I look for other than paint damage and that everything is working?
Congrats on your purchase. Just do a search on this forum and ye shall find out everything you could ever want to know. Oh, and don’t forget to inspect underneath the car specifically the jack points.

There’s a few checklists available on the web that you can search for. Plan to spend 45 minutes looking over the car both inside and out. Look for paint imperfections, dents, scratches, excessive body panel gaps, and any other cosmetic defects you can find. Don’t sign any paperwork until you inspect the car and don’t accept the car if it needs any paint or body work. Let them fix the car before you’ve accepted it and paid for it because you only have 7 days to return it if there is anything wrong with it.

Reactions: MikeR55