Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up S in few days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my inventory 85p (blue/tan) in 2 days.

Car had all I wanted, plus some things I didn't necessarily want.

The headliner - heard it gets dirty.

The performance seats- has some suede like material-heard it also gets dirty and difficult to clean.

Pano roof-wanted and got-but concerned over squeaky noise.? Is that fixable.

Thx for any input.

Blue and Tan--excellent choices and just happen to be the same as mine!
I did not get the headliner, but I had a loaner that had it and I rather liked it. EVERYTHING gets dirty with or without. If you keep dirty things from touching it, it won't get dirty.
I did not get performance seats and from what I have heard on here, they did not seem worth the money spent in my opinion.
I got the pano roof and again, based on forum feedback, those with earlier models had some issues. I have not had any. I picked up my P85 in early December 2013. Most of those htat had issues seem to be satisfied now--though not all. So I would think for the most part the answer is YES- fixable.

I also lucked into an inventory S85 car, but mine had everything I wanted plus a few options more. The best thing was the slightly reduced waiting period! :)

I haven't had any problems (touch wood) with the pano roof, the only squeaky noise I hear is from my wife when I accelerate.

@Jeffruby

As I understand it, the "suede like material" in the performance seats is alcantara.

According to Wikipedia, alcantara is ”composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane”. So in other words alcantara is (basically) plastic...

Source: Alcantara (material) | Wikipedia

And again, as I understand it, if the headliner isn't Tesla's textile headliner, then it's also alcantara.

Don't think I'm wrong about that not that many owners reported squeaky noises from the Pano. And I also think that Btrflyl8e is right about that it seems Tesla has figured out how to fix those that weren’t perfect from the factory.

@Jeffruby,

I picked up my car last Sat., so I had it for 4 days. I have the same color combo (Blue/Tan) and I also have the headliner, 21" tires, etc. I have everything except the sound system. If you are worried about things getting dirty, you are worried about trivial stuff. Enjoy the performance of the car...and if you are going to spend over $100K on a car, why not get the best? Pano roof is the best...it feels like I'm driving a convertible. Seriously, why are you worried about such trivial matters (getting dirty). If it get's dirty, go to a detailer and clean it. You don't think other materials get dirty? The car is exceptional and I enjoy driving it everyday. I'm so glad I got the pano roof...no regrets.

I got an inventory car too. Mine has the many of the features yours does - Pano, Premium seats, Headliner. Don't worry about the seats and headliner getting dirty. Treat it right and you will be fine. No issue with the Pano roof. (my vin is P200XX) Make sure you inspect the car well before you take it home. Mine had some issues and the service team took care of them.

I got advice to have only one person detail the car. I decided that person would be me. I researched what to do and got all the equipment. I have not had to clean the seats or headliner so far.