Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up this CPO S85 tomorrow.. Any issues you see?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly 7 days ago I placed the $2500 deposit on this 2015 S85 with Autopilot, tech package, and the 4 year warranty for $41,800. Excited to be a part of the club finally!

My experience with Tesla has been very positive so far. They've been quick to respond to emails, have issued several MVPAs quickly as I changed financing a few times, and called several times to schedule the delivery, I'll have to fly out from New Orleans to Fremont to pick up the car and then do a week long road trip/vacation back. Planning to stop in Vegas and the Grand Canyon as I've never been to either.

Anyway, below are the pictures. Does anyone see anything out of the ordinary? I'm willing to live with the one bit of road rash they pointed out and the few nicks. The sales advisor was quick to point out there could be more nicks and scratches and I said that's fine as long as there are no dents. I can't see any dents but the reflections in the paint are so intense it would be could be hard to see. One interesting thing about the photos is all the overall photos are clear and high quality. When you get to the photos with the damage they are blurry

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 98
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 93
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 96
The bumper and wheels should not be that hard to get repaired but that damage on the rear passenger side seems concerning. That could be expensive to fix based on if it's a dent and they have to blend the paint into the adjoining panels when the car is repainted.

I would get a quote to fix that so you know what you are getting yourself into with fixing the damage.

The bumper and wheels should not be that hard to get repaired but that damage on the rear passenger side seems concerning. That could be expensive to fix based on if it's a dent and they have to blend the paint into the adjoining panels when the car is repainted.

I would get a quote to fix that so you know what you are getting yourself into with fixing the damage.

Do you mean the damage pointed out in image 18? It's a very odd angle/perspective and I can't really tell how serious the bump is they are pointing out. The camera appears low under the car but the wheel looks at an odd angle. I'll definitely be taking a look at it closer when I see it tomorrow. Thanks!

Do you mean the damage pointed out in image 18? It's a very odd angle/perspective and I can't really tell how serious the bump is they are pointing out. The camera appears low under the car but the wheel looks at an odd angle. I'll definitely be taking a look at it closer when I see it tomorrow. Thanks!
Didn't even look at your location, just assumed looking at the CA plates :)

Yeah if that damage extends to the quarter panel it is going to be expensive to fix. You can get the bumper and the wheels fixed for a reasonable amount but if they have to blend paint across multiple body panels, it could be more expensive.

Picked up the car yesterday. It's perfect. They cleaned up the curb rash on the wheels and filled in the small nicks. It even came with the center console and all weather matts. Currently driving it back home cross country and having a great time.

BmjWPjy.jpg
Awesome for you! Congrats and enjoy your road trip home. There’s no greater joy than a Tesla road trip across our beautiful country!

Reactions: analRaviOli
wow what a good deal! Interior looks in immaculate condition! I'm looking for something like this but in white! what options did it come with?

It has the tech package, autopilot, free supercharging.. that's about it I think. No sunroof. I'm on day four of my road trip. So far it's taken me from San Francisco to Vegas to The Grand Canyon and now on my way to Dallas. Slept in it one night and it was comfortable enough for one guy. Loving it.

One thing, they couldn't put a temp tag on the back. They put a sticker on the front windshield that said it was temporarily registered. So to avoid being pulled over every day I just copied the exact info from the sticker and printed it onto a piece a paper and stuck it in the license plate frame. I don't see much of a legal problem with that as I'm not fraudulently doing anything. Just basically copied the sticker and stuck on the back. I noticed lots of new Model 3s at the superchargers with the same exact sticker on the front windshield and no temp plate. So you might want to consider printing your own like I did to avoid being pulled over.