Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up tomorrow, Tesla said I have a 15 minute window to pickup, BS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sincerely recommend, without animus, that you purchase something other than a Tesla. If you are looking for perfection, you will never be happy with a Tesla. I wish you success in finding a perfect vehicle for personal conveyance.

I agree with this. I have never bought a new car that did not have a defect of some kind. Nothing coming from a mass production factory is ever perfect, regardless of the brand.

If there is a major cosmetic defect, by all means refuse delivery and/or demand it be corrected prior to delivery. This should be the case with any car you special order. When buying off the lot, you can at least inspect the car prior to making an offer on it. When a car is bought sight unseen, there needs to be enough time to look at the car before you shell out $60k. That being said, I think being picky about a little glue here or a small scratch here is a bit excessive. The car will get dinged in some way the minute you drive off the lot. It will never be in new condition again unless you store it inside and never drive it!

Just in case anyone from the delivery centers is reading, i think it's time to consider a classic Le Mans start for picking up your new P3. If you want to start your drive by one jog around the car for inspection, sure go for it, but know that the other drivers will already be launching theirs.

My wife will absolutely love getting her car and driving it out of the delivery center within 15 minutes. She can't stand going to a car dealership and wasting hours and hours dealing with the common processes of buying a new car. On the other hand I have spent countless hours on Tesla forums, YouTube, and Tesla's website reading and rechecking daily for important documents and trying to figure out the correct process just to purchase our model 3 and then get it shipped to the delivery center. There is no reason it should be so difficult and there is plenty of room for improvement on Tesla's part to streamline the ordering and delivery processes. It's a good thing she was not involved in that part of the process or we would probably be buying a different car.

Reactions: SpudLime and DR61