Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up X after front end wrap, need advice on what to look for/at

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all, I'm picking up my car after having the full front end wrapped. Hood, bumper, fenders, headlights. I'm looking for advice on what to look for in terms of the paint protection job. What kind of experience did you guys have picking up your car after having paint protection installed? What kind of questions should I ask? Thanks.

I have not got mine done but look for edges being cleanly installed, there should not be any frayed ends, any peeling and unfinished looking edges - all edges should be either cleanly cut and sticking to the body or wrapped around the body panels. Also look for any air bubbles, dust/debris, water/moisture under the film. Shine a light and look for uniformity in the film, it should nt exhibit non uniform texture, ripple-type aberrations anywhere.

• Helpful
Reactions: jeffaa
bit hard to determine what to ask as it depends on your level of knowledge but personally id want all questions answered before a product was put on my paint.

Have had a few cars done you are basically looking for any eyesores. I know enough about the process to realise its impossible to not get some imperfections, they should be minute but you will find them if you want to look. They install a giant piece of adhesive so you have to be aware of that fact, little air bourne particles, the odd bit of fluff etc are normal. They don't install in scientific booths. even the odd bits I have had you have to get it under the right light and look hard which isn't really the purpose of it. if you want to find imperfections you will, hell I have noticed them in my cars paint

The odd water bubble is also common, they dry out so no issues with that. hell you could have them everywhere and they will still dry out. Basically you have to be realistic and not pick apart every dot as there is no such thing as a perfect install. Going in with that mindset helps because you will find as long as the installer was good it will beat your expectations :)

• Helpful
Reactions: jeffaa