Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Y Today!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The original quoted delivery date was December 2022 to February 2023. Last Thursday, we received a message saying our new Y was to be delivered Wednesday, 24 August, 2022 at 4pm. Very exciting to say the least! Been waiting for this day since the mid 1990's!

One very shocking discovery; My wife and me was becoming very impatient to own a Y, so we started looking at used ones so we could have it sooner and, it would be much cheaper due to being used. Very shocked to find the exact opposite. A new Y costs less than a used one! I was totally gobsmacked! How can that be?? Found out it is due to demand. Tesla's are so popular, used ones are in high demand due to immediacy of the purchase. The demand is so high that the factory can't keep up - even thought production is high.

I am so happy that demand of electric vehicles is so high. In the 1990's and 2000's, EV's were considered a joke. Until just the last few years, I thought EV's were doomed to the fringe. Now you can't be on any street more than a couple of minutes without seeing a Tesla go by.

A shining gem in the thick muck of the world! Something to smile about!

Really glad there is a Tesla Motors club to share with!

The original quoted delivery date was December 2022 to February 2023. Last Thursday, we received a message saying our new Y was to be delivered Wednesday, 24 August, 2022 at 4pm. Very exciting to say the least! Been waiting for this day since the mid 1990's!

One very shocking discovery; My wife and me was becoming very impatient to own a Y, so we started looking at used ones so we could have it sooner and, it would be much cheaper due to being used. Very shocked to find the exact opposite. A new Y costs less than a used one! I was totally gobsmacked! How can that be?? Found out it is due to demand. Tesla's are so popular, used ones are in high demand due to immediacy of the purchase. The demand is so high that the factory can't keep up - even thought production is high.

I am so happy that demand of electric vehicles is so high. In the 1990's and 2000's, EV's were considered a joke. Until just the last few years, I thought EV's were doomed to the fringe. Now you can't be on any street more than a couple of minutes without seeing a Tesla go by.

A shining gem in the thick muck of the world! Something to smile about!

Really glad there is a Tesla Motors club to share with!
Being in Austin must be nice. Such fast delivery. Enjoy!

Being in Austin must be nice. Such fast delivery. Enjoy!
Yep. It was actually made here in Austin.
The pickup was on schedule and went very smoothly. The attendant that presented out car to us and gave an overview said he was exhausted as the volume of cars being delivered is overwhelming.

So far, the car is more incredible than expected. I'm sure we will find "flaws" eventually, but at this early point we couldn't be happier.

I have been busy revamping our garage EVSE arrangement in addition to work. Hope to take some pics soon...