Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup at Factory, Autopilot Calibration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! Just about to upgrade my 2013 S85 to a new 75D. An exact inventory model is available for pickup in the bay area. I live in LA and I travel the Bay Area for work quite a bit. I was thinking of just picking it up while I was up there and driving it back down.

One concern is I know Autopilot takes time to calibrate. Would this calibration happen while I'm driving? Would it have to wait overnight? I'd vastly prefer to Autosteer down to LA if it was available. :)

Hello! Just about to upgrade my 2013 S85 to a new 75D. An exact inventory model is available for pickup in the bay area. I live in LA and I travel the Bay Area for work quite a bit. I was thinking of just picking it up while I was up there and driving it back down.

One concern is I know Autopilot takes time to calibrate. Would this calibration happen while I'm driving? Would it have to wait overnight? I'd vastly prefer to Autosteer down to LA if it was available. :)
I don't think there is any calibration necessary within the new car.
It does send data to the mother ship which is used to fine tune the algorithms.
You should be fine... just drive and enjoy it!