Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup for Fleet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I worked with PG&E to install 12 "Fleet" L2 chargers at my work. We currently only have 3 electric vehicles (2 volts and a Bolt). Our inspectors need small pickup trucks for around town and room for box storage in the back. I'd like one as well, since all of our driving is under 100 miles a day. Where do I send my fleet manager to buy something? There is no way we are spending 75k on a Tesla truck, when the current standard f150 is 25 to 30k for a baseline "work truck". Are there other options out there? I'll probably end up making at least half of the chargers available to the public until we can buy more EVs, but without a small pickup option it could be a long while.

Several pick-ups are coming, but not yet available to purchase.

Fleet vehicles are all about the capabilitiy and costs.

Someone will need to determine the Total Costs of Ownership for EVs as they come to market, and decide if EV is the smart choice.

This same thing happened in the Taxi Fleet case. Everybody used to buy Crown Victorias and Chevy Caprice. Now most of the fleet has switched over to the super economical to run and maintain Toyota Prius.

Same with Cop Fleets. They used to use Crown Vics and Chevys. Now mostly switched over to mid sized SUVs to get the capabiliies that previous full sized 4 door sedans used to provide. Need comfy drivers compartments to carry all the electronics and weapons, room in the back for the Perps, and space for emergency and medical equipment in the back.

Just saw that the Tesla Model 3 has recently been put on the NYC Yellow Taxi approved list.