Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup from the Tesla Factory in California, will it be the fastest delivery option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to do the same. I'm in Ohio and would gladly fly out to take delivery and drive it home using the supercharger network. I can't think of a better way to enjoy all the capabilities of the car including autopilot.

Not to discourage you from picking it up at the factory, but the reason deliveries start from the west is for quick turn around if there are early production issues. If you tak pick it up and drive back and the car has issues. You may have to wait long for issues to be fixed and such. While the model 3 will be a much simpler car than the s and x, we have to remember not every single car off the production line will be problem free. So you may wanna think twice about it if you live in an area where SC isn't nearby

Reactions: PaulJB
Just want to confirm factory delivery would yield be faster. I am in SoCal and an existing Tesla owner.

If I opt for factory delivery while ordering, can I change it at a later time to my local SC based on the circumstances.

Reactions: X-Auto