Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup Tesla 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled to pick up my Tesla 3 in Mt Kisco, NY tomorrow. Any words of wisdom going to the pickup? I am slightly concerned about not asking the right question or looking at the right thing during the pickup process.

There are printable check lists to take on forums here at TMC. At store They will allow you the time you need but won’t go slow themselves. With the warrantee you can always build a list after delivery to take in for service in a few weeks. Good luck, it’s a great car

I am scheduled to pick up my Tesla 3 in Mt Kisco, NY tomorrow. Any words of wisdom going to the pickup? I am slightly concerned about not asking the right question or looking at the right thing during the pickup process.

Keep us posted on how it goes. I'm in CT too and will need to take delivery at Mt Kisco. I'm particularly curious about how trade-ins, sales tax (NY, CT, or a combo), and registration work. I'd like to trade-in my old car and transfer it's registration to avoid CT luxury sales tax rate. But, I don't know if that will be too much to Tesla to handle smoothly.

• Funny
Reactions: Cdnman0
1. Do NOT pay before you take delivery. Try to find the car in the lot and give it a pre-delivery inspection, especially the paint, in good lighting conditions. Don't let them scare you away. I went with friends a couple of weeks ago and while they were in the store, I found the car in the lot and found paint defects and assembly issues, they rejected the car and did not pay for it, they now have a new car ready for pick up next week, and this time the delivery center knows not to screw up.
2. Do NOT be afraid to highlight defects and point them out and do not accept the "its within spec".
3. Bring a third party to inspect the car while you are taking care of business or simply waiting, its very hard to concentrate when you are excited about delivery and are being rushed to fill out documents.

Reactions: hoang51 and Shygar
Biggest thing is if you see anything that you clearly need fixed before taking the car. The service center can take care of most anything that is wrong with it. I had some glue on the back seat and also a similar type of glue underneath the passenger door. I didn't notice the door until a couple of weeks later. I brought it into service and they fixed it in about a week at a body shop (they didn't need to repaint, as far as I can tell).

I do agree to make sure you have enough time because you're excited at the time and just ready to take it home. I almost missed the spot in the backseat when I finally started thinking again and decided to look into the backseat and saw it. Usually the process is quite rushed so I would focus on the top 5 areas that you are concerned about first.

By reputation, I supposedly have one of the "worst" centers to take a Tesla from and it went just fine.

P3 Costa Mesa Delivery - Admirable effort, considering the challenges.

If you really don't trust them - don't buy the car. I had no problem with money first, check later - I'm not dealing with a franchised dealer. Up to you however.

Keep to your standards - but to be harder on Tesla than any other car you bought would be unfair and unreasonable.