Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup up x100d today, tire wear for inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had model S with 6500 miles sold as "new inventory." They told me the tires were "like new." I think they come with 10/32? They told me they were @ 9, I measured them at 8. Wear was pretty even despite the alignment being wildly bad @ delivery.

My car also came with various chips, dings, scratches, defects etc - I am leasing and the discount was outrageous so it was a no brainer to take it, but in the future if I was purchasing and the discount was only mild, I would definitely just custom order a brand new car.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA and edlin303
Did they do any repairs? I wonder what the checklist is that people refer to usung on delivery.
On inventory models, you could certainly ask, but they refused to do any for mine. No new tires, no paint touch-up. My OA did due-bill a new key since mine was scratched up, but 3 months later still no sign of it. He also did a due-bill for the tow hitch which should have been on it to begin with, but again no sign of it.

The tow hitch is out of stock ...I got mine after two months just installed ...don’t rely on the OA or DS post delivery just go to the Service Center they are a lot more reasonable for fixes (unless it’s the San Diego center) which they are total a$&!...which is why I don’t go to the larger service centers anymore ...

The tow hitch is out of stock ...I got mine after two months just installed ...don’t rely on the OA or DS post delivery just go to the Service Center they are a lot more reasonable for fixes (unless it’s the San Diego center) which they are total a$&!...which is why I don’t go to the larger service centers anymore ...

I have been calling the [SD] SC, they just keep saying no eta, ‘we will call you’. At least my oa offered to look into it too, so while I know it’s not his problem I’ll take any help I can get. I get that it’s out of stock, but if they had told me that it would be 3 months I would have just picked up a different model with similar discount in another city that had it.

I have been calling the [SD] SC, they just keep saying no eta, ‘we will call you’. At least my oa offered to look into it too, so while I know it’s not his problem I’ll take any help I can get. I get that it’s out of stock, but if they had told me that it would be 3 months I would have just picked up a different model with similar discount in another city that had it.

If you really need a tow hitch now there are several on eBay that are the OEM ones ..I almost went that route when mine magically appeared ...there are multiple threads here on forum for Tesla having lack of spare parts in general

Going to pickup my "new" inventory 100d this afternoon in Portland and the family is pretty excited! With all the excitement I was wondering what others thought about tire wear for an inventory car. It's classified as "new" but has 7000+ miles on it (that's about 1/2 years worth of driving, right?). I'm not sure what to expect as it relates to tire wear when I receive it. In my mind, the OA and DA says everything will be NEW, but I don't want to have my expectations to be too high. Anyway, maybe this is just jitters but thought I'd ask. Thanks and looking forward to joining the family!
Congrats!
I am new also and looking forward to picking mine up this week as well. Mine supposedly has 2900 miles on it.
I guess that is something else to look for at delivery although Idk how I could tell if it has that much wear or not or wether to worry at all about it

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I just picked up a model S inventory 2 weeks ago with only 1k miles on it and am selling the tires and decided to measure the wear after one potential buyer asked. Well, it turns out 2 out of the 4 tires have 50% wear on them, and the other 2 have around 25%. They claimed one tire was replaced as brand new as it had a cut on it after I noticed curb rash on one of the 21” turbines. (Which they replaced with no questions asked). I guess the lesson learned here is, if you are buying an inventory car, don’t assume the tires are in line with the mileage on the car.

I am not sure what Tesla is doing with these inventory cars by putting used tires on them, but pretty sneaky. Not surprised though as my delivery was a disaster from the curbed rim, to the lack of mention that new Tesla’s don’t come with 14-50 adapters, to a key missing and having to wait for them to duplicate, to low air in 2 of the tires to it not being detailed properly and wax being left all over the hood. It wasn’t a smooth experience.