Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics/Info: Inside the battery pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, but he's using (8) 8KW Outback Radian inverters, he'll need that for it to function.
64KW peak power...
That's pretty impressive. When we have a power outage, I have to scale back to keep the 7kW generator happy (that still gives me well pump, heat, microwave, fridge, some lights, TV, internet, and laptops). But if I could run the oven and charge the car...

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

I've tried to add additional information to my first post here in this thread, but the administration here has disabled the ability to do so as a bad solution, IMO, to a very small problem with a very small number of forum members.

While this policy is in place I will no longer be adding new information to this thread.

I will be self-hosting a page with all of the information and images I've taken through the process soon, which will have my updates.

If in the future I am able to add information here I will do so.

I've tried to add additional information to my first post here in this thread, but the administration here has disabled the ability to do so as a bad solution, IMO, to a very small problem with a very small number of forum members.

While this policy is in place I will no longer be adding new information to this thread.

I will be self-hosting a page with all of the information and images I've taken through the process soon, which will have my updates.

Link to your site? These are some of the best posts on the site.

Ask the Mods to turn the post into a wiki post - then you can update.

Ask the Mods to turn the post into a wiki post - then you can update.

I've wondered why that's not asked, too. The option was offered by doug, early on.

wk057, just report your first post (as doug suggested originally) & ask that it be made into a wiki so you can continue to edit. Others have done that. Very simple to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I dislike the wiki style on this forum. It is nothing like a normal thread.

Really? What is it you don't like? It has worked really well for me in the past.

If it doesn't disrupt the flow of the thread (tabs are annoying) and I'm the only one who can edit it, then please do make the first post a wiki post.

This, however does not solve the issue of adding new unrelated content to the forum since users can not start threads like this without moderators... and if they could then I would see no reason to start a thread in any other fashion, thus defeating the whole edit time limit in the first place. Seems much more sane to just revoke the 1440 minute edit policy change.

I agree. The pagination on this site is horrible. So many useless meto posts that add nothing to the discussion but display just as prominently as helpful posts. I mostly use the reddit forum because I find it much easier to read.

I agree the pagination is pretty annoying, with no real way to change a setting to display more posts per page or anything. However, I find reddit to be a cesspool of trolls and definitely do not prefer it over... well, over anything. But that's not really what I was referring to. I was referring to the different tabs for the content vs discussion in the Wiki section.

This forum is by far the best Tesla Motors related forum by far, even much better than the company's official forum IMO. But it definitely is not perfect as these issues illustrate. The mods definitely do a good job overall, but I definitely think this policy change is a horrible one.

- - - Updated - - -

Wikis are useful for some things. But I don't think a publicly editable wiki is a solution to everything that needs editing past 24 hours...

I'll elaborate on why I don't like the Wiki section of this forum. First, it is not categorized. It is not associated with any of the existing and utilized categories in the forum. It does not show up under the "New Posts" section that I check regularly, and seems to have virtually no exposure whatsoever aside from a link to "Wiki" at the top of the page. The sum of all of the view counts of every wiki post in that section is less than the view count of this single thread. I think that alone should demonstrate that there is an issue with it.

Combine all of that with the lack of editing permissions, the unnecessary tabs to get to a thread-like discussion, lack of a signature showing for the OP, and other misc discrepancies between the wiki and normal posts... well, suffice it to say it should be obvious why I dislike them.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the other "wiki post" threads, seems the moderators are using a kludge of making a publicly editable wiki post owned by a moderator-run user named "Thread Summary." This is definitely not preferred.

Last edited:
I agree the pagination is pretty annoying, with no real way to change a setting to display more posts per page or anything.

Actually you can customize a fair amount if you go to "Settings" (top right of this page) and then "General Settings" (in the left menu), you'll see a long list of options including how threads are displayed and how many posts per page etc.

You're right in that it's not perfect, but this is a free-to-use forum which exists on donations, very little advertising income, and volunteer moderators. When Doug(Admin) logs in later he can hopefully take a look at the Wiki-post addition for this thread.

Actually you can customize a fair amount if you go to "Settings" (top right of this page) and then "General Settings" (in the left menu), you'll see a long list of options including how threads are displayed and how many posts per page etc.

You're right in that it's not perfect, but this is a free-to-use forum which exists on donations, very little advertising income, and volunteer moderators. When Doug(Admin) logs in later he can hopefully take a look at the Wiki-post addition for this thread.

What kind of donation do I need to make to reverse this policy change? Or be able to moderate my own posts... :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

And honestly, I had looked before and never saw the setting for posts-per-page. Set to 500 now and things feel much better on that front at least. Thanks for getting me to take a second look.:)