Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics/info on Toddler Seat for back of a MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like to see how everyone is securing them in the back. (not the very back OEM seats) We tried the seat belt and do not feel it is anchored wheel nor is going over the top of the seat. So, like to see car seats and/or opinions on what you have done.

I am going to suggest you get a Clek Oobr seat if your kids are old enough. They have a rigid frame that directly attaches to the LATCH anchor points. Remarkably rigid worked excellently for us in the Model S (2013 seats, so may be different now.) Their web site is: Clek

Reactions: Indpowr
I am going to suggest you get a Clek Oobr seat if your kids are old enough. They have a rigid frame that directly attaches to the LATCH anchor points. Remarkably rigid worked excellently for us in the Model S (2013 seats, so may be different now.) Their web site is: Clek

Awesome not bad price. my son is 3yo so would work. how does it restrain from the back? Does the child seat belt go over the top of the head rest or does it Y out around it?

We're using this one, going over the headrest and using the 3-point latch system (i.e. both sides of the seat and the 3rd one in the back. Works great, he is 35lbs. Not home so can't post pics but happy to do it later.

Recaro Performance Racer Convertible Car Seat - Midnight

HAHA, wife and I were just looking at those. So, I guess the seat belt tie in will be the best option. As long as it is safe for our boy #1 concern.

We're using this one, going over the headrest and using the 3-point latch system (i.e. both sides of the seat and the 3rd one in the back. Works great, he is 35lbs. Not home so can't post pics but happy to do it later.

Recaro Performance Racer Convertible Car Seat - Midnight

Don't forget to get him a Nomex racing suit, Simpson helmet, Piloti racing shoes, and fireproof racing gloves. LOL

Reactions: Indpowr
Tough crowd here today...it was a hand-me-down, seriously. But yes, I have heard these comments before :)

OP, not sure what you mean re seat belt tie in? The part that goes over the headrest is an integral part of the baby seat and it hooks to a built in "anchor" at the back of the tesla back seat. Once the baby seat is in place, there is no room for that "over the head rest" strap to slide even 1/10th of an inch.

Tough crowd here today...it was a hand-me-down, seriously. But yes, I have heard these comments before :)

OP, not sure what you mean re seat belt tie in? The part that goes over the headrest is an integral part of the baby seat and it hooks to a built in "anchor" at the back of the tesla back seat. Once the baby seat is in place, there is no room for that "over the head rest" strap to slide even 1/10th of an inch.

Page 3-9 and 3-10 of the MS user manual.

Yon can use the seat belt to hold the child seat in. I would prefer to go to the anchor in the back. Did not know if anyone offered a Y style back so it would straddle the head rest vs. just going over top of it.
2 reasons this concerns me.
1. Damage to the head rest being pushed down for years.
2. It sliding off the top of the head rest one side or the other causing it to not function properly.

See video here from 1min mark

Have one Graco convertible seat forward facing and one infant seat. Use the seat belt to fasten both because the latch system seems to put the seat off center of the headrest so the convertible forward facing ends up slightly tilted. With the seat belt fastening it, I feel like I can align it better.