TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Pics/info on Toddler Seat for back of a MS

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Indpowr, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

Like to see how everyone is securing them in the back. (not the very back OEM seats) We tried the seat belt and do not feel it is anchored wheel nor is going over the top of the seat. So, like to see car seats and/or opinions on what you have done.

2. cschock

cschock Member

I am going to suggest you get a Clek Oobr seat if your kids are old enough. They have a rigid frame that directly attaches to the LATCH anchor points. Remarkably rigid worked excellently for us in the Model S (2013 seats, so may be different now.) Their web site is: Clek

• Like x 1
  3. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

Awesome not bad price. my son is 3yo so would work. how does it restrain from the back? Does the child seat belt go over the top of the head rest or does it Y out around it?

4. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

After looking at it again it's just a booster we need a toddler seat he is 36lbs

5. hmmm

hmmm Member

We're using this one, going over the headrest and using the 3-point latch system (i.e. both sides of the seat and the 3rd one in the back. Works great, he is 35lbs. Not home so can't post pics but happy to do it later.

Recaro Performance Racer Convertible Car Seat - Midnight

• Like x 1
  6. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

HAHA, wife and I were just looking at those. So, I guess the seat belt tie in will be the best option. As long as it is safe for our boy #1 concern.

7. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

Don't forget to get him a Nomex racing suit, Simpson helmet, Piloti racing shoes, and fireproof racing gloves. LOL

• Like x 1
  8. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

He is decked out in Ferrari. His baby seat was custom made with nappa and alcantara. The stroller was painted Kandy Red..lol

9. hmmm

hmmm Member

Tough crowd here today...it was a hand-me-down, seriously. But yes, I have heard these comments before :)

OP, not sure what you mean re seat belt tie in? The part that goes over the headrest is an integral part of the baby seat and it hooks to a built in "anchor" at the back of the tesla back seat. Once the baby seat is in place, there is no room for that "over the head rest" strap to slide even 1/10th of an inch.

10. hmmm

hmmm Member

Page 3-9 and 3-10 of the MS user manual.

11. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

Yon can use the seat belt to hold the child seat in. I would prefer to go to the anchor in the back. Did not know if anyone offered a Y style back so it would straddle the head rest vs. just going over top of it.
    2 reasons this concerns me.
    1. Damage to the head rest being pushed down for years.
    2. It sliding off the top of the head rest one side or the other causing it to not function properly.

See video here from 1min mark

12. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

We have tried both Clek in ourModel S and the Fllo was better for us. The Foonf was too big but we kept it for our other car wich was perfect. We will buy the exact same 2 seat for our 2nd kid.

• Like x 1
  13. NuG

NuG Member

14. davie_100

davie_100 Member

Have one Graco convertible seat forward facing and one infant seat. Use the seat belt to fasten both because the latch system seems to put the seat off center of the headrest so the convertible forward facing ends up slightly tilted. With the seat belt fastening it, I feel like I can align it better.