Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics inside -exponential increase in performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello -

I've had my Roadster Sport for about a month now and decided its time to try some modifications.

My cousin used to work at Lockheed Martin Skunkworks and had an idea about how some new research technology could be applied to the Tesla. Specifically, his idea was to insert an oscillation overthruster between the DC/AC inverter and the three-phase AC motor in the Roadster.

Holy wow, did it work. See the attached picture - my Roadster is going approx. 188mph and using only 10 amps of power!

I will be posting further details on this mod for others to try later this week.

Attachments

• tesla-fast.jpg
    tesla-fast.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 700
Actually my speedometer was just broken. ;)

If went crazy about a week ago and has been inaccurate since then. Some time in the last day it "fixed" itself and shows the right speed now. Has anyone else had this problem?

The car is going down to the new Miami store this week for service on this, the radio (passenger-side speakers cutting in and out), new heated headlights (I hope) and a few other minor appearance details.

-J

Visionik,

Do you have other pics to offer the forum?
How did you guys figure your speed if the speedometer was broken?
How long have you and cousin been testing this technology and do the both of you plan to work with Tesla Motor?
How does it affect the battery life and charging of the battery?

Hello -
My cousin used to work at Lockheed Martin Skunkworks and had an idea about how some new research technology could be applied to the Tesla. Specifically, his idea was to insert an oscillation overthruster between the DC/AC inverter and the three-phase AC motor in the Roadster.

I assume this allows for resonant switching in the inverter. If you use really high-end magnetics, then it should allow the inverter efficiency to go WAY up .... but never exceed 100%. 10A for 180mph is not enough power to overcome drag (unless you're going downhill).

//dan.

Next week we are going to be adding the Oscillation Overthruster © upgrade kit to our website for $19.95. I just licensed it from visionik.

It works on both model years of the Tesla Roadster. Not just Roadster Sports.

Last edited:
My cousin and I hope to have the prototype Oscillation Overthruster (c) in the hands of the Tesla Roadster Foundry by weeks-end in order to begin production. $19.95 is a fair price. Not much profit for us, but it's best for the planet.

Unfortunately their has been a minor setback. The prototype has been seized by a NJ company--Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems--as part of a false accusation of IP infringement and theft.

I tried to work this issue out with John Bigboote, President of Yoyodyne. I pleaded for him to resolve the matter quickly, as mass production of this technology will go a long way towards reducing oil consumption and saving our planets ecosystem. He curtly replied "It's not my goddamn planet. Understand, monkey boy?" And no, I didn't really understand where he's coming from.

I also spoke with Yoyodyne's lawyer--John Smallberries with the firm of O'Connor, Smallberries, and Many Jars--who said they only needed it for a trip to the 8th. I assume he meant a trip on the 8th. I'm certain a visit to their factory in NJ with my cousin and his friends will resolve the matter quickly.

In fact I plan on leaving tonight. I just need to find my blue blazar. I need to look my best for this meeting!

Everywhere I look -- #88

88 Oscillation Overthruster...
PTZ04.jpg

88 MPH Flux Capacitor
88mph.jpg

Maybe the Oscillation Overthruster just has a Flux Capacitor hidden inside?!

88_buckaroo_banzai_mug-p1681498983031017492otmb_400.jpg
88_mph_back_to_the_future_88_mph_back_to_the_f_mug-p1683531968680553012obxc_210.jpg

88mph.jpg

88-MPH.jpg

jetcar1.jpg

Last edited: