Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics: Model S w/ Lightweight Aftermarket Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics to come of course.

I'm getting the TPMS from Tesla this Friday when they install them (although it appears that we may be able to get them elsewhere soon as per other threads...)

My other set of 19x8.5's are wearing 255/45/R19, but these will have the OEM goodyear 245/45/R19.

These came without wheel nuts and I wasn't asked to specify anything. I'm hoping that either the stock nuts or the Gorilla nuts that are holding my Enkei Rajin's on will work.

Pictures when you get them on! The spoke design makes the 19's look better.(bigger)

where'd you get the tpms for them?

Tire size?

Also did you have to specify the bolt size/type?

Pics to come of course.

I'm getting the TPMS from Tesla this Friday when they install them (although it appears that we may be able to get them elsewhere soon as per other threads...)

My other set of 19x8.5's are wearing 255/45/R19, but these will have the OEM goodyear 245/45/R19.

These came without wheel nuts and I wasn't asked to specify anything. I'm hoping that either the stock nuts or the Gorilla nuts that are holding my Enkei Rajin's on will work.

I'm considering ordering a staggered set in gunmetal 19x8.5 19x9.5 and put some super sports on them :p

I'm considering ordering a staggered set in gunmetal 19x8.5 19x9.5 and put some super sports on them :p

Sweet! FWIW It took them ~8 weeks to build wheels for me. I put in my order on March 1st and received them yesterday. I would've probably gone with a similar setup now that Tesla offers a staggered setup in the perf+ package. (I was previously concerned about making the handling or range of the car worse by deviating from stock specs...)

Sweet! FWIW It took them ~8 weeks to build wheels for me. I put in my order on March 1st and received them yesterday. I would've probably gone with a similar setup now that Tesla offers a staggered setup in the perf+ package. (I was previously concerned about making the handling or range of the car worse by deviating from stock specs...)
8 weeks!!!

I'd better put my order in now...

looks like super sports are available in 245/40/19 and 265/40/19...

I just pulled the trigger on forgestar cf5v 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +35 gloss gunmetal.... and now the wait begins.

When the time gets close I'll order mich super sports 245/40/19 and 265/40/19's.
(I calculated more aggressive offset so that 255/275 could be possible in the future if desired)

I need to find lugs and tpms too - but worse case I can pull them off my existing set.

:)

Congrats. Friday can't come soon enough for me!

I just pulled the trigger on forgestar cf5v 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +35 gloss gunmetal.... and now the wait begins.

When the time gets close I'll order mich super sports 245/40/19 and 265/40/19's.
(I calculated more aggressive offset so that 255/275 could be possible in the future if desired)

I need to find lugs and tpms too - but worse case I can pull them off my existing set.

:)

LOL GT-R crowd. Bright green wheels? All show, no go...

These CF5V are actually very light for 19in wheels. They have ratings on their wheels (on par with forged wheels) and they're made in the usa.... (which you can't say for most ricey wheel importers out there).
I'm sure structurally these wheels are fine. What people are complaining about in that thread is the finish and customer service.

They can pay 3-4 times more for a forged rim from volk/bbs/hre but these wheels are great bang for the buck.... and because of the spoke design they will look bigger than 19's :p

I would definitely not call a GT-R all show and no go. But the green wheels are atrocious.
I was mainly referring to the wheels as "all go." There are plenty of people who turn high performance cars into more of a show car rather than really using them for what they're designed for at the track :) The car can be "all go" but it's the driver's and their taste and overemphasis in how the car looks that makes it "all show" LOL

hey! Easy on us GT-R folk. lol. I agree though, that wheel color is umm....something.

But I was being serious. I think forgestar is iForged and had some build issues and customer issues in the past. I am sure they are fine but have also seen my fair share of horror stories thru out the years with what seems to be the same companies. I was in the rx7 crowd for a while and remember this company from then.

I would just make sure you have return policies in place and if possible, have some hi res pics of the wheels before they ship them out. Just protect yourself.

Not bad! Here's a pic on a model s

This is not my car. Vossen had it posted on instagram.

Screenshot_2013-05-13-09-10-49-1.png

Last edited:
Here's my car with the forgestar c5fv's on it. Wheels came without any defects, although they did require a fair amount of weights when they were balanced (~3->3.5oz in places). Just using the camera phone for now, couldn't be bothered to wash the car and get out the DSLR. :)

forgestar1.jpg
forgestar2.jpg