Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of 19" winter rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any good pictures of the 19" winter rims mounted on the car? I'm specifically interested in the clearances around the front & rear brake calipers. I found one pic in the Winter Driving Experience sticky, unfortunately the spoke covers up the bulk of the caliper. I'm trying to figure out if there's enough clearance for 18" rims. Thanks!

Does anyone have any good pictures of the 19" winter rims mounted on the car? I'm specifically interested in the clearances around the front & rear brake calipers. I found one pic in the Winter Driving Experience sticky, unfortunately the spoke covers up the bulk of the caliper. I'm trying to figure out if there's enough clearance for 18" rims. Thanks!

When I looked at the "skateboard" at Tesla Yorkdale, there was very little room. I'd be surprised if 18's fit.
Tesla Model S | Tesla Model S You may have to lighten the picture a bit...

I`m interrested in this as well! Hope someone can measure the distance between the rim and the brakes. If 18s are possible the tires can be 235/50/18, narrower and cheaper than 245/45/19.
Don`t care about looks in the winter. The car is dirty from november-April anyways.

Here you go. The clearance between the caliper is pretty tight. It's only 4 degrees out so I won't measure until it warms up or I get the card inside.

winterwheel3.jpg

winterwheel1.jpg

As a point of note, the rear brakes are seem to be bigger then the front so they must also be accounted for. If you go on TireRack.com you will see that they don't even offer an 18" wheel fitment. Not that they are the end-all-be-all of wheel fitment but it's a pretty good bench mark.

Here you go. The clearance between the caliper is pretty tight.
Awesome, thanks for the pics! Any chance you could snap one of the rear wheel/brakes as well?
If you go on TireRack.com you will see that they don't even offer an 18" wheel fitment.
TireRack.com uses the manufacturer-recommended sizes on its site but that doesn't mean other wheels/tires won't fit - I ordered a non-manufacturer-recommended set of tires (granted, only tires not rims) for one of my other cars last summer, you just have to select the specific size yourself. From the pics though it appears that 18" rims might be a no-go... :( The rims might actually just fit but the tiny gap they'd leave would be small enough to trap rocks & grit. Durnit.