Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of Dark Ash Wood?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I quite like the images of Dark Ash Wood Décor on the Telsa site as well as the samples in the Telsa stores. However, I had the opportunity to drive 2 refreshed Model S 70Ds (I was comparing air suspension) and the Dark Ash looked pretty much exactly like Piano Black (which I don't really like).

Anyone receive their X with Dark Ash Wood Décor? If so can you snap a well lit picture?

Thanks!

No. The default for the X and S is now Dark Ash Wood Décor. The images on google are all the stock photos like this one:

http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/model-s-dark-ash-interior-1.jpg

I love that look but it doesn't look anything like that in the testers I drove. I'm hoping there are variants (like buying real wood or granite).
Huh? The link I posted is a thread here in the X forums with user contributed photos of their Model X interior with the exact trim you're asking about. :confused:

No. The default for the X and S is now Dark Ash Wood Décor. The images on google are all the stock photos like this one:

http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/model-s-dark-ash-interior-1.jpg

I love that look but it doesn't look anything like that in the testers I drove. I'm hoping there are variants (like buying real wood or granite).
I have DA in my X. The only difference in my car and this photo is the cover of the console sliding door is also in dark ash in my car vs. the leather looking door cover in this photo.

When taking delivery of my X last week, they had a midnight silver X there with white seats and dark ash trim. The trim looked just like in that photo too, the grain maybe not quite as pronounced, but still there. It was a beautiful combo. I saw dark ash on another X a while back and the grain in the wood was really hard to see, almost looked piano black. Depends on the grain and figuring in the wood.