Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of Model X with Gloss black or Carbon grey 22 Turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any pics of Model X's with Gloss black , or Carbon Grey (same finish as on the model S 21" Turbines )?

I have often thought they would look better than the satin black.

Another finish I was wondering about is a titanium / gunmetal or black chrome finish on these (not the light grey that used to be offered from the factory)

bpElB5v.jpg
Looks cool, but those are 19" ... OP asked for 22"

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

To clarify -- Im looking for pics of a Model X with 22" Turbines that have been refinished from their original Tesla satin black to - either the Dark Grey color that Tesla uses on the 21" Tesla turbines, or a high gloss black, or even a black chrome black.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

To clarify -- Im looking for pics of a Model X with 22" Turbines that have been refinished from their original Tesla satin black to - either the Dark Grey color that Tesla uses on the 21" Tesla turbines, or a high gloss black, or even a black chrome black.

I was looking for the same thing you were but didn’t find much. So I did a trial in the same color as the OEM 21s. I plasti dipped them with the graphite pearl metalizer plasti dip which was a very close match (compared to my S 21s directly) but it was too dark for my taste. I’m not sure if I took any pictures but I’ll check. If you want and in person look - $7 and an hour will get you there. I highly recommend this as I did several sprays before settling on my color. It was a quick and easy way to get what I was looking g for.

I ultimately sprayed my OEM 22’s in a “graphite” still as shown above but from a different brand/mix that was several shades lighter and a little more bronze in it.

I was looking for the same thing you were but didn’t find much. So I did a trial in the same color as the OEM 21s. I plasti dipped them with the graphite pearl metalizer plasti dip which was a very close match (compared to my S 21s directly) but it was too dark for my taste. I’m not sure if I took any pictures but I’ll check. If you want and in person look - $7 and an hour will get you there. I highly recommend this as I did several sprays before settling on my color. It was a quick and easy way to get what I was looking g for.

I ultimately sprayed my OEM 22’s in a “graphite” still as shown above but from a different brand/mix that was several shades lighter and a little more bronze in it.
I’m looking to do this now to a set of 22" onyx on a satin black PPF Model X. Are you able to source any of your pics?

What color are you looking for?
I would like to powder coat them to be a darker satin/matte gunmetal color. This is about the best I can find and I know the lighting is not ideal, but I was thinking this color or just a bit lighter would look good and different enough from the traditional black on black. I’m also thinking that this color is satin or matte would look a little lighter too. Also, keep in mind that my car is satin/matte black and not shiny black.
black-tesla-model-x-22-inch-tss-arachnid-style-wheels-flow-forged-formed-space-gray-wm-3.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.32.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.32.28 AM.png
    864.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 4.17.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 4.17.27 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 92