TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pics of Model X with Gloss black or Carbon grey 22 Turbines

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Tes La Ferrari, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Tes La Ferrari

Does anyone have any pics of Model X's with Gloss black , or Carbon Grey (same finish as on the model S 21" Turbines )?

I have often thought they would look better than the satin black.

Another finish I was wondering about is a titanium / gunmetal or black chrome finish on these (not the light grey that used to be offered from the factory)

2. spectrum

spectrum Member

Looks cool, but those are 19" ... OP asked for 22"

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

They are actually 20" Slipstream powder-coated grey (technically not Carbon Grey). OP asked for something similar to the Model-S 21" Turbines. I don't see any reference to 22".

4. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Graphite:
    [​IMG]

Or are you looking for darker?

5. spectrum

spectrum Member

My mistake on the size — I guess I meant to say 20" since comparable Model S wheels are 19".

The thread title asks for "22 turbines" ;)

6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Damn. You're right. My bad. :confused:

• Funny x 1
  7. spectrum

spectrum Member

No worries! I love your car — is that a custom paint job or is the picture edited? The color looks gorgeous.

8. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

It's Midnight Silver, taken just after XPel and Ceramic coating was applied. No editing was done to the photo, it was a sunny day and the blue inside the gray really popped.

• Like x 1
  9. Tes La Ferrari

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

To clarify -- Im looking for pics of a Model X with 22" Turbines that have been refinished from their original Tesla satin black to - either the Dark Grey color that Tesla uses on the 21" Tesla turbines, or a high gloss black, or even a black chrome black.

10. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

I was looking for the same thing you were but didn’t find much. So I did a trial in the same color as the OEM 21s. I plasti dipped them with the graphite pearl metalizer plasti dip which was a very close match (compared to my S 21s directly) but it was too dark for my taste. I’m not sure if I took any pictures but I’ll check. If you want and in person look - $7 and an hour will get you there. I highly recommend this as I did several sprays before settling on my color. It was a quick and easy way to get what I was looking g for.

I ultimately sprayed my OEM 22’s in a “graphite” still as shown above but from a different brand/mix that was several shades lighter and a little more bronze in it.

11. Tes La Ferrari

Interesting... any pics ?

12. outie

outie Active Member

Carbon grey? Do you mean the Sonic Carbon wheels? There are plenty of pictures on the forum.

• Disagree x 1
  13. Tes La Ferrari

Of 22” sonic grey ( dark grey )turbines on a model x? Please post as I haven’t been able to find any.