Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of people taking pics of Model S's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I was dropping off a friend at MIA today, and pulled up to the curbside at departures. The skycap looked at the car, seemed intrigued, and then peeked inside and nearly flipped out. He called over some other skycaps, and before I knew it the entire skycap staff was looking at the car, taking pictures and video. I fielded a lot of questions. One of the skycaps said, "I've seen every type of car possible at my curb, and this is the nicest one I've ever seen." I thanked him. He went on to say, "Man, I mean 50 Cent was here the other day and this is nicer than his car!" I said, "Seriously? I beat Fitty???" "Most definitely," he replied. A large woman who appeared to be the supervisor came over to see what the commotion was, and she looked inside too and was apparently pretty impressed. "Are you married?" she asked.

I let them know I might be back soon--especially if I'm ever feeling down.

20121223_150945.jpg
20121223_150707.jpg
20121223_150833.jpg

50 cent, nice

Everyone is totally blown away that has never heard of Tesla!!!
I am constantly having drivers behind me at stop lights aiming phones at me (and occasionally in front of me hanging out of a window and facing backwards!)
Not in the Bay Area though ;>

..I almost forgot driving down from Eureka, I was going about the speed limit to try and make it with a 3 hr charge. I kept getting passed by people that would get just passed me by a couple of car lengths then hit their brakes and slow waaay down to get back behind me and scope the car out. One guy did this and then started taking pictures from the back, then out of his mirrors then he finally sped back up.

In Laytonville, 2-3 miles ahead he had pulled over and parked and got out of his car to post up with his camera!!
My wife saw him waiting and looking over his shoulder for a good shot. I would have stopped if I wasn't trying to make a 310 mile trip as quick as I could

No pics ;< (not from me anyways)

Last edited: