Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of people taking pics of Model S's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol 30 here and now I feel old as well. What do you do laumb? Besides the smrtass thing?

He is problary norwegian(as me), the car is in the same price range as a BMW 520D, so it's not to much of a leap for us. (that is for the performance version, the 60kwh is more like a nice Toyota)

We have to pay insane high "taxes" to buy normal ICE cars. An M5 would cost about 300 000 - 350 000 USD here. (about 2 million crowns fully specced, and we trade USD for about 5.x)

Our government has given a "free-pass" for EV's until 2017 or 50.000 cars sold. (which is quite abit for a nation consisting of 5 million total)

Which is the secret why Norway has the highest reservation numbers in Europe, even though theres not that many of us :)

Our plan was to have someone in the car take a picture of the 17" screen with the backup camera on that showed us behind the car and also have someone in the back seat taking a picture of that person as well but we didn't have enough people.

Wait wait, Dave... if the original picture taker can get the picture of the person inside, taking a picture of the person inside, taking a picture of the person outside taking a picture of the original person, then I think that's an infinite loop and totally rules.

Update: there are clearly smaller collections of picture takers and at least one Model S that would be infinite. This might merit study. 8 \

Last edited:
It's kind of cheating to do a self-capture, and the image quality sans zoom lense is kinda poor but...
RearCamSelfPic.jpg

I don't think it's cheating to do a self capture.
Especially if the capture is from a traffic camera, and displayed on the car's web browser.
I snapped this just Wednesday this week, as I was stuck in traffic here in Portland.
See the Model S above the arrow? That's me! (my carpooler snapped the picture while I was driving)

Model S Catches itself on Traffic Cam.JPG

I didn't get a pic, but today someone chased me down then hovered just beside my rear. I looked in my mirror and sure enough he had a camera in hand. What I can't figure is why didn't he give the fool camera to his passenger?!? Geez.

Didnt get a pic of this, but my 3rd day driving the MS on the highway trailing a Miata with top down, the drive pulled out his phone and held it up with his hand and was taking video of me driving behind him (with his front-facing camera). He continued to record as I passed him on the left (didn't want to be behind him for long, not being shy, but trying to avoid distracted driver only 3 days into my ownership haha).

Model S Admirers

Walked out of the barber shop today to this:
IMG_20130605_175701_476.jpg

So I patiently waited out of his field of view while he took his pictures. He didn't notice me for a bit. When he looked up and saw me standing there I asked, "Do you want me to open it up or turn the lights on for you?".

"Uh, yeah!"

So he took shots in various modes/positions for another several minutes, then I gave him the tour...

Second Show & Tell today in a public parking lot.

This is fun. :biggrin:

Great story, scaesare!

I was selling my old car (finally...) a few days ago at CarMax. When I got to the paperwork part, the guy behind the counter introduced himself, walked me through things, and asked why I was selling my Miata. I said I'd gotten a new car a few months ago, and he asked what it was. I said it was a Tesla Model S. He was like "WOAH, REALLY? MAN, A TESLA!!!" He was very impressed (though I got the feeling from a later comment he might've thought it was a Roadster). My other half was surprised the guy had heard of Tesla.

I had the exact same experience! A couple of weekends ago, I was at a small grocery with my wife and brother-in-law and looked out the window to see the same thing. The guy had a pretty professional looking rig and was taking pictures of my car from every angle. I was a little embarrassed because the car wasn't clean! By the time I got through the checkout and out he was gone, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Admirers indeed. I got a massive thumbs up and a huge grin from a passing motorist today. Some people are just SO happy to see a Model S!

Also today I met a few people at the office. On the way out one of them said, "hey, that's one of these electric car chargers". I said, "right, and that's an electric car in front of it." "What? No way! It's gorgeous! What is that???" At that point I just had to take them for a ride. They were totally floored - had no idea that such a thing was even possible. Their enthusiasm was quite amazing.

The number of people recognizing it is growing rapidly, but it's still a minority of the population. It still makes waves among people who don't know what it is.