Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of people taking pics of Model S's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Registering a picture for Six's car:

20130601_102122_Six_Cropped.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And another for my car:

20130601_114132_Cropped.jpg

Admirers indeed. I got a massive thumbs up and a huge grin from a passing motorist today. Some people are just SO happy to see a Model S!

Also today I met a few people at the office. On the way out one of them said, "hey, that's one of these electric car chargers". I said, "right, and that's an electric car in front of it." "What? No way! It's gorgeous! What is that???" At that point I just had to take them for a ride. They were totally floored - had no idea that such a thing was even possible. Their enthusiasm was quite amazing.

The number of people recognizing it is growing rapidly, but it's still a minority of the population. It still makes waves among people who don't know what it is.

Yeah... I've gotten thumbs up/nods/roll-down-windows-and-comment from a number of folks. One guy in a convertible Vette with a similar metallic blue... and another fun one from a guy on a Harley... he pointed at my MS with a thumbs up... I pointed at his bike with a thumbs up...

It's fun when people appreciate a nice thing for what it is without attitude... and in turn I hope by being down to earth and responding in kind it helps build the interest. The folks who'd rather do the "too cool for school" thing annoys me...

(PS- Thanks to the mods for moving my post here... forgot this thread existed)

Just plugged in at the DE Supercharger and a guy walks up...his wife got a Tesla, too, and asked how I like it. GREAT, I said. ;-) he said he'd tried plugging his Volt into the Supercharger ;-) heh...silly.

Anyway as we were parking, someone was taking pix of my car. LOL. I'm afraid to go out and see a cluster of people...probably aren't any but who knows.

There are at least 5 people per day that I actually see taking pics of my car. Many more on sunny days!

Heading to thwe car after dinner in Healdsburg
IMG_0215.jpg

not so random, Earth day pic. Not too many people actually took pictures of my car at that location.
IMG_0183.jpg

Usually when I come out of a store to my car there is someone taking a pic and then I open it so they can get pics of the inside too.
It's funny, People ask if they can take a picture of it (often, after they already have)

You're missing a piece of plastic in the front above the frunk!
He was merely showing off the "feature" that I have to make use of multiple times a week now of pulling the fuse for the touchscreen (seems to have severely degraded in the last month or so, used to only require a reset every few weeks at most)

"Here is how simple it is to reset the 3G connection that dies in my garage where there is no cell signal. For now, stuck waiting until TM finally puts out a firmware update!" :tongue:

Toto,

Did you let M. Duval drive your car a bit?

He was extremely enthusiastic about the car in his blog, even going as far as saying he admits he was wrong about electric cars not being able to equal (or in this case surpass) their ICE analogs. There was an earlier TMC thread about this.

Can't wait to read his full review, and am happy he will likely write it, and not some numbskull "auto expert reporter" from LaPresse (you know who you are).

Walked out of the barber shop today to this:
View attachment 23230

So I patiently waited out of his field of view while he took his pictures. He didn't notice me for a bit. When he looked up and saw me standing there I asked, "Do you want me to open it up or turn the lights on for you?".

"Uh, yeah!"

So he took shots in various modes/positions for another several minutes, then I gave him the tour...

Second Show & Tell today in a public parking lot.

This is fun. :biggrin:

Show and Tell, lol, sounds like fun