Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of people taking pics of Roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Niece of my mom's friend, visiting from Ireland.

IMG_20171019_115425.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you ever wonder what people do with these pictures of our cars?
Perhaps I'm a little different from the average person on the street photographing Roadsters, but I keep 'em around and look at the photos every once in a while. Like this Roadster I saw in 2013, for instance. (It's branded Sun Country Highway, which is a bird-seed manufacturer that installs EVSEs at various businesses.) Sorry I couldn't find a pic of somebody taking a photo of a Roadster, but I'm a purist—I like my photos of Teslas to just be photos of Teslas, not other people milling about. :cool:

IMG_0634.jpg

Wish I had turned on the audio for this one. These guys in the SRT-4 were trying comically hard to get me to race... into traffic :confused:. Wasn't until I reviewed the dashcam footage that I noticed all the cameras out and waving around. Group in the Avalanche pulled up also with cameras blazing asking why I didn't race the guy.

Reactions: Xenius
Well is has been three weeks with my Model 3 and I have yet to find people (besides the EV club) who seemed to have noticed it. Not the case with the Roadster as it still prompts a picture, thumbs up, or today Oh Look a TESLA!!!

I went for a P3D test drive recently and was able to park my Roadster near the demonstrators in mall parking. Everyone I saw walk by it had their cameras out. Employees had never seen a Roadster in person before. Potential customers wanted to know about it and how it has held up. The employee who rode along with me on the test drive asked and was happily granted the opportunity to sit in and drive it a short distance. Said it made his entire week. Going to miss this car so much :(. P3D order is in... need another 4-door for the family.
XU9G7-blYWIb5duMzpbdof5B6L4FmQvDoa2RJtIjqIS3QFR0REgnK72PX_YAl1SWBYr1_V-3N8yA9wrxXTZwa4ibxGTQYTA0vIrfD6WunBfFhCZDYWWMhRVfHcHuolaI4_cMoWaa9C0dNaQ0xwnosp6r0cSCZ0xlDNoL2Wx97Za5Hdk-rmejIhOLQX2JpUavM7SM7_CphHxzdNgvQf9OvauB2daJXUOrfcoO3MQ7K_0NTm8BUItSbr3xhbJC-C4wwRkxo3DPsz5maaVZxtrfQJGQEvMY_8bsGWt_PjwAMPnz_lCpf7RCKPViHftutw3pgfe0nBd5y1SVhIVvS4DTQYIRnz62PRCDRHTaf1047pb_NPGF_NesVn5q9fV-3tPF16xCCfFs7DrtoKxGqYqPe4Zvy39dRuT-pVm_wInj2Aa3WaWd4ajTx7QW3ZE3gsRxrEBtJVXELuZCZjp0WIV4QxZi6bBY1Oi9Aah50UJnxbU60bSv2zM7FWEu8q-3yz2j_kMzGq7LZr7_y7RKP62i2_yOZAzyG2LaOlaHp59HTjQXc3WTZNpVWXXQvvOgce4zqk6fPrEieorHVhqq46zamL7x2gFw0MZCQUwWnq5Y3K05kE3-m-QTp2SPVq2aF7pI=w2748-h2062-no

I can't see it either.
@Tex EV you should do what we did. Build a bigger garage! I originally bought the Roadster to get by until our Model S was delivered. Now we're about to get a Model 3D and no way can I part with my Roadster. So... we're building a new garage.

Oops, hopefully this works. Was only able to get a photo when nobody was around, unfortunately (I know, missing the point of this thread).

A bigger garage is actually in the plans... but after the rest of the house is updated. Trying to find a way to have 3 cars, but there's no justification aside from me not wanting to let go.

IMG_6998.jpg

... Trying to find a way to have 3 cars, but there's no justification aside from me not wanting to let go...

Let's all be truthful, with the S, 3, X now available, there is very little rationality in keeping a roadster around.
They're faster, go further (ok, ok, except 3.0), more comfortable, more practical, have more embedded technologies and still have warranties.
Anyone wishing to be rationale about keeping a roadster has lost the battle before it starts! :)
You need to embrace your feelings if you're going to keep it. LoL

Let's all be truthful, with the S, 3, X now available, there is very little rationality in keeping a roadster around.

It was never ever about rationality.

They're faster, go further (ok, ok, except 3.0), more comfortable, more practical, have more embedded technologies and still have warranties.

But they don't have an open top! You have to keep your priorities straight, you know?

Reactions: Rolf68
Anyone wishing to be rationale about keeping a roadster has lost the battle before it starts! :)
You need to embrace your feelings if you're going to keep it. LoL
You forgot to measure the most important thing," Fun Factor". Just sayin.

You forgot to measure the most important thing," Fun Factor". Just sayin.

It may not be practical or needed, as I am currently having fun with the Performance Model 3, but I am keeping the Roadster for now. It was the whole reason I bought a Roadster knowing that Model 3 was on the way. For weekends it provides the topless (@Xenius -- hopefully you'll drive the Roadster soon) and fun factor. And having one car from each generation provides a historical perspective to share with others. Fortunately, I have space for 3 cars.

cars in garage.jpg