TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pics of people taking pics of Roadsters

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by bonnie, Sep 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rudholm

rudholm Member

#121 rudholm, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
    Niece of my mom's friend, visiting from Ireland.

IMG_20171019_115425.jpg

• Like x 4
  2. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

Enjoyed a nice lunch in Cape May and the Roadster had about a dozen people walk by and take a picture this afternoon. We were across the street inside the restaurant and had a front row seat to the “commotion” the car caused. Not many Roadsters in Southern NJ (I’m not aware of any others in Cape May or Atlantic County).

53CF63EF-3275-492D-A8F0-9AB5E46058EB.jpeg

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  3. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 2.5 Sport - VIN 1462

I finally got one two weeks ago...as I am always too late.
    Props to this guy.

IMG_1215 copy 2.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1215 2.jpg

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Do you ever wonder what people do with these pictures of our cars?

• Like x 1
  5. rudholm

rudholm Member

I figure they share them with friends. That's probably what I would have in mind if it was me.

6. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

DSC_0100.JPG

My brother in law is taken photo of my roadster when we were and vist them on estern

• Like x 2
  7. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

Perhaps I'm a little different from the average person on the street photographing Roadsters, but I keep 'em around and look at the photos every once in a while. Like this Roadster I saw in 2013, for instance. (It's branded Sun Country Highway, which is a bird-seed manufacturer that installs EVSEs at various businesses.) Sorry I couldn't find a pic of somebody taking a photo of a Roadster, but I'm a purist—I like my photos of Teslas to just be photos of Teslas, not other people milling about. :cool:

IMG_0634.jpg

8. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Well is has been three weeks with my Model 3 and I have yet to find people (besides the EV club) who seemed to have noticed it. Not the case with the Roadster as it still prompts a picture, thumbs up, or today Oh Look a TESLA!!!

By the way I now have 10 years of Tesla with my 2008 Roadster and 2018 Model 3. Tesla_10yrs (3).JPG

• Love x 6
    • Like x 5
  9. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Wish I had turned on the audio for this one. These guys in the SRT-4 were trying comically hard to get me to race... into traffic :confused:. Wasn't until I reviewed the dashcam footage that I noticed all the cameras out and waving around. Group in the Avalanche pulled up also with cameras blazing asking why I didn't race the guy.

• Like x 1
  10. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Spreading the EV knowledge at a local car show tonight. FA43A8C5-730B-478C-8160-DF908ADA3B62.jpeg 3FE21ABD-6547-44F5-B72B-73B928D068A2.jpeg

• Love x 1
  11. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020 / Model S P100D / Model 3 #244

IMG_4641.jpeg

• Like x 1
  12. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

I went for a P3D test drive recently and was able to park my Roadster near the demonstrators in mall parking. Everyone I saw walk by it had their cameras out. Employees had never seen a Roadster in person before. Potential customers wanted to know about it and how it has held up. The employee who rode along with me on the test drive asked and was happily granted the opportunity to sit in and drive it a short distance. Said it made his entire week. Going to miss this car so much :(. P3D order is in... need another 4-door for the family.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  13. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

Image broken?

• Funny x 1
  14. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

I can't see it either.
    @Tex EV you should do what we did. Build a bigger garage! I originally bought the Roadster to get by until our Model S was delivered. Now we're about to get a Model 3D and no way can I part with my Roadster. So... we're building a new garage.

• Like x 1
  15. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Oops, hopefully this works. Was only able to get a photo when nobody was around, unfortunately (I know, missing the point of this thread).

A bigger garage is actually in the plans... but after the rest of the house is updated. Trying to find a way to have 3 cars, but there's no justification aside from me not wanting to let go.

IMG_6998.jpg

16. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

Let's all be truthful, with the S, 3, X now available, there is very little rationality in keeping a roadster around.
    They're faster, go further (ok, ok, except 3.0), more comfortable, more practical, have more embedded technologies and still have warranties.
    Anyone wishing to be rationale about keeping a roadster has lost the battle before it starts! :)
    You need to embrace your feelings if you're going to keep it. LoL

17. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

It was never ever about rationality.

But they don't have an open top! You have to keep your priorities straight, you know?

• Like x 1
  18. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

You forgot to measure the most important thing," Fun Factor". Just sayin.

19. Xenius

Xenius Member

I love getting the top open. The roadster is pretty sweet too.

20. ViviV

ViviV Member

It may not be practical or needed, as I am currently having fun with the Performance Model 3, but I am keeping the Roadster for now. It was the whole reason I bought a Roadster knowing that Model 3 was on the way. For weekends it provides the topless (@Xenius -- hopefully you'll drive the Roadster soon) and fun factor. And having one car from each generation provides a historical perspective to share with others. Fortunately, I have space for 3 cars.

cars in garage.jpg

• Love x 4
    • Like x 3