Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of Rally Armor Mud Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been installed for about a year or so. It’s rained all weekend and so the car and flaps are “dirty”, and you can still see how shiny the inside/business side is, despite the debris.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpeg
    IMG_3110.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_3111.jpeg
    IMG_3111.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3112.jpeg
    IMG_3112.jpeg
    578.5 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: Chewy13
Been installed for about a year or so. It’s rained all weekend and so the car and flaps are “dirty”, and you can still see how shiny the inside/business side is, despite the debris.
Oh wow. Holds up well.
I found another thread where someone just took acetone based nail polish remover and it got the branding right off, and the flap still has a shiny finish - so I think I've got my answer!

Reactions: Bradford_G
Oh wow. Holds up well.
I found another thread where someone just took acetone based nail polish remover and it got the branding right off, and the flap still has a shiny finish - so I think I've got my answer!
I’ve read similarly. I think the acetone does a good job removing the logo—it’s basically just a screen print. I haven’t done it myself, but it looks like some light rubbing should do the trick.

With the side of the flap stick out like that, I wonder if they detract from the aerodynamics? They look like 4 little sails.... I know most of it is behind the wheels, but people worry about aftermarket wheels effect on miles and these look worse in that respect.

following as I'm worried about the efficiency when installed
@amoney805 you probably could swap them. They’re shinier on the “inside” (front side/dirt side). So you either have to weigh wanting shiny side facing out, or logo facing out. If you’re gonna put shiny out with logo facing the tire, I’d recommend getting the gray logo color so it’s less noticeable.

@Iron and @Boedha-Online i have not noticed any efficiency issues. We’ve been on multiple trips down the interstate driving 75-80 mph since we installed them and we still get over 300 miles on a charge.

I’m biased since I clearly liked them enough to put them on my car, but I think they give it a “Subaru wrx sti” look. So if you’re into the sporty/rally look, then I’d say get’em!