Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pics of uberturbines on long range Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post front and rear view pictures? I am actually planning to run 25mm all around with the 21”.
1BC69F75-1302-4FDB-AAAC-753DF1AD1E62.jpeg

I went to American Tires today to replace my 19” Gemini to the Uberturbine 21”. They refused to install it because they said the weight of the long range Y will NOT support the weight limit of the UBERTURBINE stock tires. Any input on these?
That must be some good sh*t they’re smoking. Go somewhere else or call a mobile service that’s comes to your house and installs. Plus your Y allows you on the screen to change to 21”.

Reactions: zpaul
I went to American Tires today to replace my 19” Gemini to the Uberturbine 21”. They refused to install it because they said the weight of the long range Y will NOT support the weight limit of the UBERTURBINE stock tires. Any input on these?
Since Tesla repairs are expensive, they don't want the liability. They're just scared that they would do something wrong to the car and giving you some BS reason for it. If you look at the curb weight specs of the two models, you will find that both of them weigh-in at 4555 lbs.

If you have the 21's with TPMS already installed in them, it would take 30 min in my garage with a floor jack and an impact drill. LOL!!!

Looks like you are in Whittier, take them to Salinas Tire and Wheel in La Habra. They're great and will get you in and out in 30 min depending on how busy they are!

Last edited:
The new Michelins A/S Tesla is putting on the MYP offer now rim protection which is why I am sure Tesla switched to them. They are quieter too.

I suppose the actual tire measurement/spec comparison between Pirelli and the Michelins would better support assumptions about wheel protection, but they kept the same size (255/35 front and 275/35 rear). They look just as stretched from all of the pictures I've seen on the forums so far. I suppose the very minimal amount of buildup on the Michelin sidewall would protect the wheel somewhat, but it's not substantial enough to resist a typical wheel curbing situation in my opinion. If protecting the wheel is a major concern for someone, I'd still suggest upsizing.

1643137644151.png

1643137707712.png

Picking up my LR with Gemini’s today and looking to swap to Uberturbine takeoffs immediately. Do I need spacers? I thought they would be a perfect fit as is? I know the performance is slightly lower. Also what upsize tires are people running?