Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of 2021 Model S refresh with Tempest wheels no wheel covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would really like to see a new Model S (red preferably) with the tempest wheels without wheel covers before I order. Hard to get much info out of my local tesla store, plus some conflicting information. When chatting with Tesla online I was told if I get the Tempest on the long-range in the Midwest I would receive all season tires (Pilot sport All Season 4 specifically) Can anyone confirm? The local store said all Model S come with only High performance summer tires.
Would also be great If anyone in the St. Louis area had a refresh I could look at before ordering. Of course there are none at the Tesla store.
We have a Model 3 SR= that is being passed to my son and I'm excited to get into a Model 3

IMG_0017 (2).jpeg

Sorry, cannot help with the "red" part. :)

My car came with 21s, but since they don't seem to make all season tires to fit those wheels, I ordered a set of the 19s via parts and mounted a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s.

I bought them out of necessity, but they have grown on me--most of the pics I had seen are taken head on and don't show the curves of the wheels very well. They are quite good looking.

If you go this route, you'll have to order center caps (black or grey) and lug nut covers (black). It's about $80 in parts.I have pics of both looks if you are interested.

Pics would be great. Right now I have a Miata that I daily drive year round for which I have a set of winter tires and wheels. When I replace it with the Model S I just want one set of tires and wheels. I have a lift in my garage but I'm getting lazy as I get older. I found, like you, there are no winter tires for the 21s so they will not be an option at this point. Thanks again

My car came with 21s, but since they don't seem to make all season tires to fit those wheels, I ordered a set of the 19s via parts and mounted a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s.

I bought them out of necessity, but they have grown on me--most of the pics I had seen are taken head on and don't show the curves of the wheels very well. They are quite good looking.

If you go this route, you'll have to order center caps (black or grey) and lug nut covers (black). It's about $80 in parts.I have pics of both looks if you are interested.
How much did Tesla charge you for the wheels + tires? I'm thinking of order the same set up

How much did Tesla charge you for the wheels + tires? I'm thinking of order the same set up
The 19" Cardenio wheels are $745 each, regardless of size. If you want the Tempest wheel covers, you need to order those separately ($30 each). Beyond that you'll need the a TPMS module ($75 each) and then a set of center caps and lug nut covers will run you ~80. I did not get tired from Tesl was I wanted the Michelins not the Conti--they cost me $1,427 from Tire Rack, plus another $200 to mount/balance the tire on the rims.

Reactions: DrModi
I took the covers off the minute I got home with the car and added the centre caps and lug covers from Amazon and love the look and ride. Many are reporting a better ride on the 19s vs 21s. My M540 had 20s and the Tesla is a better ride. The look is a personal choice and you love them or hate them. I would use the fairings on the wheels if I was going on a VERY long trip and needed to maximize range however this car has legs and I am not sure when I would ever do that. For snows I did Replika R241 black rims, Michelin x-ice and the Tesla TPMS. With the MSM they look outstanding.

I took the covers off the minute I got home with the car and added the centre caps and lug covers from Amazon and love the look and ride. Many are reporting a better ride on the 19s vs 21s. My M540 had 20s and the Tesla is a better ride. The look is a personal choice and you love them or hate them. I would use the fairings on the wheels if I was going on a VERY long trip and needed to maximize range however this car has legs and I am not sure when I would ever do that. For snows I did Replika R241 black rims, Michelin x-ice and the Tesla TPMS. With the MSM they look outstanding.
Would like to see some pics of your winter setup

Reactions: jebinc