TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Picture of a really dirty Model S (ideally white) wanted

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dirkhh, Apr 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

I know this is an odd request - maybe it should go to off topic, but it's unlikely anyone would see it there.
    For a practical joke I need a picture of a really dirty Model S. Muddy, off-road, really dirty. Preferably a white car, but I'll take any color :)
    Pro tip: do NOT search the internet for pictures of "dirty model s" - just trust me on that one.

2. ElectricFarmBoy

Here you go. I still can't believe I did this -- I was in @Vger's neck of the woods about 2 months after getting my S, February of 2013 I think, and I drove it to the top of Mount Maxwell. I thought it was going to be a "real road" up there but alas it was quite a bushwack. I've never done anything like that since.

image001.jpg

3. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#3 SwedishAdvocate, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Look what I found :rolleyes:

Pics: Dirty Model S | TMC

And there's at least one (not so white) Model S in there, so lucky you... :wink:

4. dirkhh

Awesome. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant. I wonder why that wasn't among the hits when I searched for it... :facepalm:

5. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Here's mine taken 2 weeks ago.

13249c80c4a10e15e4b9a65f1709a826.jpg

6. dirkhh

What a beauty. Excellent. Please keep them coming!

7. AziwA

AziwA Member

Just curious... What's the joke? :)

8. dirkhh

I have a friend with a white Model S who is obsessed about washing / cleaning it and keeping it absolutely pristine.
    So I send emails saying "oh, a friend saw your car" and attach a picture of a really dirty white Model S. :-D
    (yes, I am a very simple person - and I have been called MEAN for doing this... so sue me)
    Thanks for all the help. Please keep them coming!

9. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Good for you. I am equally as obsessed as your friend. I get cranky when she gets dusty! Might be time to check me in to the nut house.

Did you see the photo on one of the threads with something like a foot of snow packed on the rear end? I don't think it's what you are looking for. But it was a great pic.

10. dirkhh

Nut house seems excessive. There are self help groups and 12 step programs, I hear :-D
    I think I'm closer to the other end of the spectrum. After five weeks of ownership I washed mine for the first time last weekend.
    And over night a bird pooped on it. Not once or twice. SIX times. And I'm not parked under a tree or anything. Clear skies above the car. So the bird basically had to be flying in circles above the car to do that. Teaches me not to wash it, I guess...
    Yes, I saw that. That was a really cool picture. But the ones here were more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I was just hoping for more :)

11. dlt

dlt Member

IMG_0992.jpg
    P85d with anti-speedtrap coating :)

12. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Since I got the car in march, I only washed it once.. and it was after that 250mile+ trip in icing + muddy condition (pic above). I know it's a really nice car but it's my commuter car. It will get stone chips, scratches, etc. As long as I can't see any of it from the driving seat, I'm actually OK with it!