Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of Adult In Backseat with No Pano

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a picture of 6'+ people sitting in the backseat of a Model S with a standard roof. Bonus points if you have a picture of the same person in both a Model S with and without the pano!
MassX1317 - This is an extremely expensive mistake if you get it wrong. It's not the price of just the pano. It's the price of the whole car and the useability of the rear seat for your needs. You personally need to sit in cars with and without pano to make a decision that is correct for you. Even if you get a picture of someone 6'+ it won't help. Everyone's torso to leg ratio is different.

I will never be sitting back there and my kids are not going to be fully grown for at least 15 years. I probably don't need the pano but it really adds to the look of the car, it opens up the car with the light it lets in and it gives a little bit of extra head room. On the downside it adds a little bit of weight, is one of the major repair concerns when the warranty ends and it costs $2,500.

I love that we can custom build our cars but I am having anxiety over picking the right ones! Unfortunately the demos here all have the pano so I can't sit in the two and compare.

When I picked up my car in Vancouver I somehow persuaded :) my two sons (late 20's, 6'3" & 6'5", home for Xmas) to come along. Needless to say they got the back seat coming home (LOL). With pano the taller one had just enough headroom. Didn't get pictures of them... focused on something else... Sure glad I got the pano, though.

Anyone have a picture of 6'+ people sitting in the backseat of a Model S with a standard roof. Bonus points if you have a picture of the same person in both a Model S with and without the pano!
What you’re asking for here is extremely rare. I haven’t found one, and I’ve been looking (for another reason). There was some video with a bunch of Russians sitting in a MS and speaking a bunch of Russian that I think is posted here on TMC somewhere. For some non-logical reason, I spent Y seconds jumping through that video. They were tall, but who knows how tall, and as I remember it there was also likely some kind of optical distortion from the camera lens.

- - - Updated - - -

And the only roof that currently enables a roof rack is the pano roof…

My 6'4" son does not fit in the back seat at all. Not enough leg room or head room with the front seats back enough for 6'2" driver and passenger. If you have a need to haul large adults-sized people in back in a Tesla, I'd guess the best thing would be to wait for the Model X, but this is only a guess that there will be more headroom in that. I have no idea if the rear seat on the MX will have more leg room. I have seen no option to change the seat back position and this does not look possible.

I would have been happy to have traded lots of cargo space for a roomier back seat in the MS. Not sure if the exterior dimensions would have permitted that, but it is a thought.

Last edited: