Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1646941694206.png

Why did you decide to get them painted instead of keeping the covers?
I love my covers, but two things happen that made me nervous-
1- Went to the Tesla Service Center on something and the SA made a comment that the covers actual retain heat from the calipers and could cause an issue. Don't know how accurate or potential impact, but that made me nervous.
2- Had my first tire rotation done and although I cannot conclusively say they touched my caliper covers, but on my way out, I heard this terrible metal rubbing sound on my front right. Pulled over and sure enough, the cover became slightly loose (mind you I have over 7000 miles without an issue) and the Induction rim rotating grinded down the inside part of the cover. It did not damage the rim, and you can only see the damage to the cover if you know where to look, but I see it and it bothers me.

Reactions: samori01
to distract me from constantly checking my app for my wife's MX Plaid EDD, here are pix of my MYP (pretty sure I will ignore my MYP whenever her Plaid comes in) 🥶

Mods: front lip, fog light lids, side skirts, rimsavers (just for looks), mudflaps, XPEL ppf, XPEL tint all over, audi style lower rear blinkers, wheel spacers (25mm rear 18mm front), and other minor cf stuff inside
View attachment 773764View attachment 773765View attachment 773767
Where did you get your front lip and side skirts from? Looks clean.