Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replaced my chrome TESLA emblems with satin black ones, installed A-Premium mud flaps (Amazon), installed the Shark Fin shaped PPF on both rocker panels in front of the rear wheels and replaced the DUAL MOTOR emblem with a black MODEL Y badge. Just finished the DIY Ceramic Coat from Armor Shield IX. It was pretty easy but I am not sure how long I am supposed to let it cure. I want to drive it so bad but she is tucked in the garage for the next 24 hours. I want to do it right.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Replaced my chrome TESLA emblems with satin black ones, installed A-Premium mud flaps (Amazon), installed the Shark Fin shaped PPF on both rocker panels in front of the rear wheels and replaced the DUAL MOTOR emblem with a black MODEL Y badge. Just finished the DIY Ceramic Coat from Armor Shield IX. It was pretty easy but I am not sure how long I am supposed to let it cure. I want to drive it so bad but she is tucked in the garage for the next 24 hours. I want to do it right.
Very nice, great job.. thinking of doing exactly the same on my Red MYP..

Well, we got some temps in the high 50s today, so I took the opportunity to wash the car and applied a couple coats of Zaino!
View attachment 783648
View attachment 783650
Looks great!

What have you done in the way of paint prep, etc. to get that kind of shine?

I've had my car for a year and wanted to do ceramic coating or other nice things, but it's super expensive to have done and not sure I can devote 3 days to doing it myself, nor do I have the experience (yet) for such a thing. So maybe something a little simpler for me :D

Looks great!

What have you done in the way of paint prep, etc. to get that kind of shine?

I've had my car for a year and wanted to do ceramic coating or other nice things, but it's super expensive to have done and not sure I can devote 3 days to doing it myself, nor do I have the experience (yet) for such a thing. So maybe something a little simpler for me :D
Thanks! I actually just used a set of Zaino products, in this case the car wash and their Z-5 polish. 3 cars ago, when I had a coupe, I was into using Zaino and always liked how the car looked after polishing. My last 2 cars were minivans so I just use gas station conveyer car wash on those, LOL! I don’t know anything about the more modern stuff like the ceramic coating. I figured I like washing and polishing my car when weather allows, and Zaino worked well for me in the past, so I’m using it again now.

Reactions: timeshifter