Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture post - Solar charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Picasso

kllkkjlk
May 8, 2009

Attachments

• y_solar.png
    y_solar.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 158
Reactions: howlz
The company DC systems went under, it made 3000+ of these trailers. Was kind of scam company had no profits but could sponsor a NASCAR...DC Solar’s legal troubles cost Warren Buffett’s Berkshire US$377m I picked the trailer up for $5k. It's dual SMA Sunny Islands 6048 inverters, ouckback solar charge controller, 2 forklift batts. Keep an eye out for more actions still 100's of these trailers sitting in Vegas. 100+ MOBILE SOLAR GENERATORS | CA Global Partners Some show up on ebay/craiglist people trying to double money from the auction prices.

Reactions: Matsayz
The company DC systems went under, it made 3000+ of these trailers. Was kind of scam company had no profits but could sponsor a NASCAR...DC Solar’s legal troubles cost Warren Buffett’s Berkshire US$377m I picked the trailer up for $5k. It's dual SMA Sunny Islands 6048 inverters, ouckback solar charge controller, 2 forklift batts. Keep an eye out for more actions still 100's of these trailers sitting in Vegas. 100+ MOBILE SOLAR GENERATORS | CA Global Partners Some show up on ebay/craiglist people trying to double money from the auction prices.
Wow, that's crazy. Had no idea Buffet was involved. I guess he can afford to lose $377M....

Out of curiosity, how fast can your rig charge the Tesla (in kW)?

10kw on 240v, weak part is the forklift batts in these trailers. Had been sitting for a number of years baking in the Vegas sun. Getting about 1/3 of the capacity I should. Nice to have the Tesla around so I have a place to dump power to finally give the solar trailer batts some exercise.

This wont be for charging the Y all the time. I just use this trailer around my property for power needs. I set the Y to just trickle charge off this to soak up the extra power. I got 8kw waiting to go up for charging the Y via CHAdeMO.