TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Picture request: Any Model S with a nice wheels/rims set up?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sickfox, Jul 2, 2013.

1. sickfox

sickfox Member

Hi Folks. Anyone here has a nice set of wheels installed in your MS? If so, can you please post some pictures? I've been looking in the forums and only saw a couple. Here's a sample:

RSL_outer_1207_RRbm2.png 8598150139_ea5d6a927c_b.jpg

Would love to see how it looks on a MS. We also need a picture-only thread.

2. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

I saw these at Santana Row a few weeks back, and liked them.

IMG_0826.JPG

3. Quacker

Quacker Member

I came across these:

Mesh_7_D707_Telsa_Model_S_Mica_Grey_22_3.jpg
    Mesh_7_D707_Telsa_Model_S_Mica_Grey_22_1.jpg

4. yearofthedragon

TS112 in Matte Black 2190 2195. Monoblock forged. 31lbs front / 30lbs rear.
    www.SupercarFocus.com5.jpg

TS117 in Matte Grey 2190 2195. Monoblock forged. 31lbs front / 30lbs rear
    www.SupercarFocus.com16.jpg

20% lighter than factory 21".

5. rjhoskins

rjhoskins Member

^^^^^^
    "We want more, we want more, like, you really like it, ya want more!"

That, my friend looks amazing. Nice job!

6. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

Looks terrific! Did you transfer the Tesla Center cap from a grey wheel set, or where did you get them?

7. yearofthedragon

custom painted.

8. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

Impressive!

9. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Finally, someone got these done right! Perfect.
    I've been debating about getting the calipers painted green with my black S, but red is the Tesla color.

Nice touch!

10. rjhoskins

rjhoskins Member

11. yearofthedragon

Greg, red is definitely the Tesla color, but green is the movement. :smile:

12. sickfox

sickfox Member

Thanks folks for the pictures! Exactly what I'm looking for. That black on black MS looks soooooo sinister. love how it's tastefully done (black window trims and all). it needs a proper photoshoot!

the green calipers looks sick! it really pops esp when you have dark/black rims!

have you guys seen a MS with concave wheels? I want to see how it would like on a MS. Saw this wheels in a Honda Accord. l bet it would look really sweet in a MS. (if it fits)

photo 1.PNG photo 2.PNG

13. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

#13 mnx, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    While 20/21/22" look better, I went with 19" to be lightweight and for other practicality reasons...

19x8.5" Enkei Raijin's for winter (~23.5 lbs):
    tesla-photoshoot-061.jpg

19x8.5 Forgestar c5fv for summer (20lbs):

DSC_0014.JPG

14. modelsmagic

modelsmagic Member

I have a white S, and have been thinking for a while now on whether or not to purchase aftermarket rims.

I've finally decided I should but am afraid of making a mistake and letting so much money go to waste. I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what you feel about these on my S. I'll be sure to post pictures once i've bought some wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=401280742B&wheelMake=Platinum&wheelModel=Marathon&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+S&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=20&filterBrand=Platinum&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

- - - Updated - - -

I have a white S, and have been thinking for a while now on whether or not to purchase aftermarket rims.

I've finally decided I should but am afraid of making a mistake and letting so much money go to waste. I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what you feel about these on my S. I'll be sure to post pictures once i've bought some wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=401280742B&wheelMake=Platinum&wheelModel=Marathon&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+S&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=20&filterBrand=Platinum&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

15. sickfox

sickfox Member

@ mnx: you have a very nice set up. i'm liking your summer set up as well. any other mods you're planning to do with your MS? 100% agree with you going with 19". 21" is overkill IMHO and just one pothole alone, it's over.

@ modelsmagic: I think this rims will look nice in your white MS. you can't go wrong with white on black combo. just replace the center cap with the Teslas. Looks way better. :smile:

16. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I've done tint already and I've thought about de-chroming the car as some others have done on here.

There was a post about someone making lighter rotors, I think that'd be neat although I probably won't go through with it. Also someone posted about a LiFEPO4 battery, that mod interests me as well.

FWIW, I agree that those wheels look nice modelsmagic.

17. johnmodels

johnmodels Member

18. sickfox

sickfox Member

#18 sickfox, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    @John: nice set up. 21"? it looks 22s. also did you get your tailight smoked?

I saw this clip from Vossen with concave rims. very nice. I'm not sure if it's wrap or customized pain. check it out.

19. garcilamd

garcilamd Member

#19 garcilamd, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    The Vossen wheels are beautiful on this blue car. This is a wrap by a company in South Florida called Signature Custom Wraps. They're working on my car right now and can't wait to get her back!

20. Sunfishsolar.ca

Here's my wrapped Anthracite 3m, tinted rear crystaline 40, sides 70, with tirerack custom grey painted 20" Motegi MR126 image.jpg image.jpg wheels. I would say to try and find wider rear rims. Mine are 8.5" all around. I'm eating tires and would like more traction. I have Michelin super sports 255/40/20. Close to half life with 4500 miles on them.